Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

muzical84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2007, 8:43 pm

Hi...

Found this site from Wikipedia, and figured making it to Slashdot was legit enough. Kidding...well, that last part...

I don't know what else to say beyond what's in my profile, though...

Diagnosed with ADD (or ADHD Inattentive type or whatever they're calling it these days...) at age 6, but been off meds for it since age 14. Also have been treated for Depression, but not on meds for that anymore because they cost a kidney, screw up my sleep, and mess up my dream cycles. (Zoloft has caused me to literally dream entire episodes of animes....yeah...and not always episodes that actually exist. XD)

I've been suspected of having Asperger's in the past, and a lot of the "weirdness" that is me would make a lot more sense if I actually do have it. I'm in college right now, and this is like the first time in my life I haven't felt like an alien on another planet around my peers; (I just feel like a foreigner from another country :p )

One of my cousins is a teachers aide for a classroom of Autistic children, (mid-to-late elementary school, I think,) so any presuppositions I may have probably come from there.

I'm very sarcastic, (though whether or not that shows here remains to be seen,) very random, and spend most of my day trying to keep my foot out of my mouth.

Any other questions....ask I guess....yeah..... *Fails to win the articulation award. :roll: *

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 10:28 pm

we have an articulation award.??

seriously, Hello!

I am majorly envious, (but harmless) of your early intervention and evaluations! Welcome to WP, we are all ages, all sorts, some early diagnosed, some just lately, some with therapy and medications and some with none of the above. But mostly we are all Aspies.

Welcome!

Merle

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 10:33 pm

Welcome to the fun place.

Foot in mouth? This is the Toejammer's Ball. Eat up.

As for sarcasm, nobody here knows what that is. This could be a great learning experience for everyone. :D

Enjoy (bwa-ha-ha).

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 11:03 pm

Pleased to meet you muzical84 :)

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2007, 11:17 pm

Welcome.

Cute stage presence.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

24 Jul 2007, 11:29 pm

Welcome! Glad to have you. And that's a super cute avatar!

Hey, do you have a username over at catholic.com? I do. ^_^ Who are you?

muzical84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2007, 12:40 am

I have a user name at catholic.com, but post so seldom I'm not sure what it is. XD If I remember it (or figure out which of the 2-3 names I use on the net it is,) I'll either post or PM.

sinsbodly: after meeting other ADD individuals who weren't treated for it from the get-go of their academic careers like I was, I am grateful, too. This coming May, I will be graduating from college with three majors. Had the ADD not been dealt with my entire academic career, I don't know if that would have been possible. I was reading the other day that, and I think the source was the 2003 US Census, only 5% of ADHD/ADD students graduate from college (compared to 27% of the general population.) That breaks my heart, and I think the attitudes of too many towards mentally differently-abeled {sp?} students has a lot to do with that; you won't expect much of yourself if you're told your whole life that you're just a moron. [/ramble]

That's another thing I should mention....I ramble on a LOT; guess that's why I have my blog. (Sorry; the main one is for RL friends only.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 1:00 am

Welcome to WP!

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 3:41 am

Hi, welcome to WP!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

25 Jul 2007, 3:56 am

No articulation awards, but I do give out KBABZ awards for those who spell my username correctly!

Welcome to WP!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

opal
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 6:19 am

MysteryFan3 wrote:
Welcome to the fun place.

Foot in mouth? This is the Toejammer's Ball. Eat up.

As for sarcasm, nobody here knows what that is. This could be a great learning experience for everyone. :D

Enjoy (bwa-ha-ha).

Man, I like this place already. :lol:
Welcome fellow newbie

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2007, 9:38 am

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

I hope you enjoy posting here!

JerryHatake
Veteran