Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kanashiihawk21
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Oct 2021, 4:28 pm

Waving ::
Hello my fellow friends! Can you tell through my writing I am a wee bit over-exuberant? (like "Dug" the Dog from "UP"?)
Speaking of which, how rude of me not to introduce myself properly! My name is Jackie, I am well over age 55 (one of the older "lost generations") who has a 34 yr old son who was dx'd when he was at age 2. Although to be honest, I knew all my life, I was an "odd-duck" myself. While I have a lot of similar interests with people in science and such, I stink at mathematics as well as "technology". I actually cannot make cellular phones work..At all. Perhaps its is my epilepsy!

I am also married (for nearly 40 years) to a wonderful husband I met when he and I were in the US Air Force together (and while he is my best friend indeed!). I am a gardener, I LOVE all kinds of animals (especially dogs, horses, etc). Love music and reading as well as writing. I am also a bit of a "Will Graham" (Lets see who gets this reference <wink>)
and have both ASD and a very, very, very high Emotional EQ. You can imagine that it really forces me to put a lot of walls up or I am literally feeling everyone in the room at all times! Whew! I apologize ahead of time for this jumbled "Howdy"...I do better slowly easing into conversations, however I wanted to put up a official "Hey there!".
Warmly,
Jackie

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 5:14 pm

Welcome to WP, young lady! :wink: Compared to me!

My bride and I have both been in the USAF, as well. We've no kids, though. It took me a long time to find her...we've only been married for 21 years so I guess that makes us the newlyweds.

Kanashiihawk21
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Oct 2021, 8:15 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome @Double Retired ; I am always happy to meet fellow military vets (retirees, etc).
As to the marriage, I think I (we?) got lucky in finding my "Best friend" (and I the same for him). I think you really have to be a "best friend" with someone before you can truly love them...And, if I may be so bold, we have to be comfortable with ourselves as well... one of the hardest lessons to learn.
Peace~ 8)
Jackie

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2021, 10:39 pm

She is definitely my best friend.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 5:18 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 5:18 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2021, 5:55 pm

Welcome.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 4:44 am

Hi Jackie, welcome from an autistic old lady, (70) also diagnosed late in life. what a relief! It really put all my life into proper perspective once i knew about my autism. The best part of diagnosis was finding I was not alone, that there are others who understand!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson