Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

AndyGoodwin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2022, 2:50 am

My name is Jerry and I'm 19 years old. I found out I had Asperger's 4 months ago after my psychologist said that she was certain that I had it. I supposed it explained everything that happened in the past 19 years, why I felt and still feel different and excluded from the people around me, why I was bully magnet ever since I was 9 years old, why I blamed myself for not being able to fit in and be "normal", why I can't get jokes or be witty. I feel as though my life has been one of pain and suffering that will never end and I can't fix I just hope that I can find peace at some point. I'm interested in history, gaming, retro computing and chess and I'm currently a student.

It's nice to meet to meet you all.

Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2022, 11:08 am

Welcome to WP!

When I got my Autism Assessment (when I was 64!) I also told the Psychologist that when I was young I was a "Bully Magnet".

NTs are often not nice people. It really is like being stranded on the Wrong Planet.

Don't let the NTs give you a low opinion of yourself. When I realized the world seemed not to like me I sort of suspected there must be something wrong with me. But the more my academic and professional lives did well the more I realized I was not the problem, it was the world that was messed up. So, keep working and keep doing well. You'll still be stranded on Earth but you can feel better about yourself.

And work on humor. I find it is a good lubricant for my social awkwardness. Be careful and terse with it, but dry humor and obviously deliberate but relevant nonsense have served me well.

And, welcome to WP!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2022, 11:22 am

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

HiccupHaddock
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Mar 2022, 3:39 pm

Dear Jerry,
Welcome, I am new too.
I am not diagnosed but think I am probably on the spectrum.
I was also bullied as a child.
It sounds like you have many great interests, I hope you can pursue those and find people who share your interests.
It's hard to try to fit in, but if you find people who share your interests that might make it easier (that's what I've found at least..)

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 7:06 pm

Jerry, welcome to Wrong Planet.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2022, 10:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2022, 6:09 pm

welcome, diagnosis came as a great relief to me. Finally my whole miserable life began to make sense! Glad you are with us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson