Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Imedatingayandere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 6:45 pm

I'm a 22 year old aspie (yes I know the term isn't in use anymore I'm still using it)

I was abused by the system and was refused an education , I've heard stories about how this was in other states though where I was I have post traumatic just remembering special education just from how bad it was...

They didn't recognize my Dyscalculia as a disability and thought it was fake

I wasn't taught during school hours

I Feel like a second class citizen and often cry myself too sleep...

I feel like a Jew during the Holocaust (sorry if thats offensive ig more accurate is one of us during aktion t4)

I'm crying while writing this , Disability rights had something filed with our family and nothing came of it..

I'm just tired of the abuse...

Often I wish I could kill myself , I just want a way out of this nightmare.. have any of you experienced this systemic abuse I have , and often people try to excuse how there about to say your whinning or complaining or moping in self pity.. it makes me so mad... like telling a black guy during jim crow he is just "having a hard time" my dad often told of these people...

I've had this account for awhile just thought I'd made myself known , call me Ted please

(and no I'm not from Canada)

Last edited by Imedatingayandere on 25 Apr 2022, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2022, 6:48 pm

Welcome aboard Ted.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Imedatingayandere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 6:52 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Welcome aboard Ted.

do we all deal with this , are we all viewed like subhumans ?? (oh god , I'm crying again)

Imedatingayandere
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2022, 7:05 pm

does anyone else here have family working for the federal government...

I was dating a lovely lady from the UK..

I Feel she actually understood me , but my mom was against it since we never did Facetime (Personally I'm still angry since I just think she was self conscious after being raped by her evil ex) and if your reading this gracie I love you very much and I'm sorry this had to happen

my dad is a longtime high level federal employee and he told me dating someone overseas can be an issue with ITAR

I swear , everything often just feels just too much too bear sometimes

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:33 am

Hello and welcome to Wrong Planet

You posted several quick items a little bit off the rocks. But a break up can do that to people. I am not sure I can help you. There are many different types of Aspies. Some of us learn to leave the path of others and travel a side road, one that is uncharted. We make our own road. That is the road that I traveled and it was a great adventure.

Over 45 years ago, I traveled to the other side of the world and proposed to a girl, someone who did not even speak my own language. It took me a year to get her out of a communist country and get her to the U.S. and marry her. It was a good marriage and she is a good wife and mother of my children. But I am a very capable Aspie and when I put my mind to doing something, I generally make it happen.

So my question is do you have the will and the strength to follow your own road? Can you earn a living and pay for yourself, a wife and children? If you achieve that level of independence then the next question is IS THIS GIRL OF YOUR DREAMS REAL. If the answer to both of these questions is YES, then follow your dreams.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2022, 9:51 am

Welcome to WP.

My understanding is that the term "Aspie" is still used informally. I use it.

And I can't help you feel better. I can tell you there were years I was unhappy (a lot of them) and I found the best thing to do was to keep on going, not to give up.

In other words, if you are in a bad place then DON'T STOP THERE.

But I do hope you find kindred spirits on WP and that gives you some comfort.

And if you ever find yourself in an unpleasant part of WP, please just leave that thread, not the whole planet.

Pteranomom
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Apr 2022, 11:55 am

Welcome to the board. I think reaching out to others and seeking more information is definitely the right place to start for making your life better. Remember, knowledge is power, so learn, learn, learn. Get all the books you can from the library and read them. Seek out good, knowledgeable people and learn from them. Get skills.

It sounds like you are still having trouble with your parents. That's not uncommon at your age (or any age, really), but remember that you are an adult and you have the right to act like one. I think parents sometimes have trouble seeing their kids as adults instead of children--they're so used to their kids being, well, kids. I look at my teenager and I flash back to when he was just a wee little fellow. You may have to go above and beyond in acting like an adult in order to get your parents to treat you like an adult.

Good luck