Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 May 2022, 1:58 pm

Norway83 wrote:
Sigi wrote:
Hi Norway, I've also been diagnosed in adulthood. Just this year. And new to this forum as well.

I've not met any other girls who officially have it, but I've met a few that I suspect have it. It's very expensive to get a diagnosis here as an adult and it's harder for girls. Although I'm glad I did get an answer.

There's probably more of us than we realise.

Hi Sigi.

Yes, it is more difficult for girls, and there are probably many more than we think.

Is not the autism itself that is my problem, but the comorbid things.

How old are you?

im 28

Norway83
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 May 2022, 2:27 pm

Hi all.

Due to some personal issues I will not be on the forum anymore. The internet takes a little too much energy/focus/time (need a detox). Just wanted to let you know so no one is waiting for an answer on this thread.

Wish you all the best. Maybe I'll "see" you again someday.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 2:51 pm

I wish you the best, too.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2022, 3:13 pm

Norway83 you asked " Do you ever doubt your diagnosis?" No, it explains everything that was difficult or emotionally painful from my long and sad past, It "fits" so well, I have felt relief to finally know the answer to all the "why" questions of those long hard years before I learned about my autism.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson