Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

doc savage
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2022, 3:55 am

Hello everybody,
I do a job that I hate because over time I have closed myself more with other people and therefore also with work colleagues

unfortunately I have had episodes of nervousness that have made me label as mad and furious (in reality I have never hurt anyone).

unfortunately in some shops they call me crazy as I realize that people talk

I would like to go back to work for a fast food restaurant (for cleaning)

I am 52 years old and I need help :cry:

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 10:47 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet.
In a sense I live in two worlds. One was my worklife and the other was my homelife. I went to great pains to perform well in my worklife so I could completely enjoy my homelife.
To me they were two different worlds.

I cannot give you much advice. The only thing that comes to mind is wearing a t-shirt that reads

I am not crazy, I'm just a little strange.
but a good form of being strange

Sorry it is just too early in the morning for me to think of anything else at the moment.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 11:28 am

Welcome to WP. I don't know how much help you can get from us, but you can converse with us. I hope that is a start.

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2022, 4:17 pm

Hello. I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I hope that it'll help a little to get greetings from people who care. I, and probably most of the people on here, realize that we're all a little weird in some way.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 4:29 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

FrankStein
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 May 2022, 4:31 pm

A quick 10 word summary of Asperger's (it is a mild form of Autism.) You tend to be systematic and not to be sympathetic. I have always had problems with personal relationships because of this. I did best in jobs that did not require you to relate to other people. I had an Aspergy friend who had a law degree. He was great understanding law but had had trouble working with clients. He found a job just doing legal research and did well. This may or may not be of help to you.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2022, 5:42 pm

Welcome!

When people don't understand you, they will quickly label you as "crazy" or whatever. To make it worse, they spread such false labels and even people that don't know you call you "crazy". I really understand your struggle. I've been experiencing the same all my life. Unfortunately, there's no quick solution to this kind of problem. Let us find solutions to problems together!

Polynechramorph
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2022, 2:49 am

Welcome! I hope we can contribute in some meaningful way to your dilemma.

It is a common theme here. Unfortunately the NT world is full of conformity driven tribalism and fitting in with that goes against every fibre in my soul. Don't give up there are ways to use this knowledge to your advantage.

Sigi

20 May 2022, 8:27 pm

Hi welcome.

At the moment I'm managing with a factory job. It's too loud to really talk and you just focus on the work. Maybe you could try that?

Pay is bad though :(