Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Sol the Mighty
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2022, 10:34 pm

What is your first name? Just Sol is fine. No, it's not my real name, but I don't want to share it.

Hobbies and Interests: Writing/storytelling, reading, cooking, art (I like looking at what people make), and anything that catches my interest.

Why are you here? I suspect that I'm autistic because of research I did and talking to my diagnosed friends. Mostly, I just want to talk and see if I can learn about autism or myself, or both.

When were you diagnosed?(skip if you don't have a disorder): I haven't been diagnosed as autism, but I do have an anxiety disorder.

Favorite subjects: Calculus, foreign languages

Year/Grade: Graduated

Favorite music: Rock, Techno

Books: The Carry On[i] series by Rainbow Rowell, [i]Poison by Chris Wooding, and several others.

TV shows/Movies: I like The Witcher the best right now.

Instrument: I don't play any, but I like the sound of piano the best.

Do you like sports? To watch? No. To play, especially tennis? YES.

Family: My mom, dad, and my sibling. I also have two fur babies.

Clothing: I mostly wear crew necks and exercise shorts.

How did you find this website? I googled "autism forums" because I've had good experiences with forums so far, and this one looked the best.

Job: None right now.

Plans for the future? I want to get a diagnosis, and I want to look into starting T sometime in the next year or two.

Any comments? I hate dusty things. They're disgusting and stick to your skin afterward and just NO. Sandpaper sucks too.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2022, 10:39 pm

Hello!
Looking at that thing about dust and sandpaper I'm guessing the hobbies list isn't likely to suddenly have "making balsa wood model rocket fins" appear on it. :D

Writing and storytelling, those are relatively dust free and require little if any sanding. :D

Sol the Mighty
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Jun 2022, 11:24 pm

Yeah, I won't be making any rockets. Paint is also iffy.
But I like writing! I just prefer pens over pencils and it has to be any paper but the one with the weird feathery texture. That one burns :(

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2022, 12:51 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find this a pleasant place.

And should you ever get a formal assessment I hope—no matter what the diagnosis is, if any—you still think this is a nice place to visit.

If you have not already found these two online quizzes you might want to give them a try:
<=>- Autism-Spectrum Quotient Test
<=>- Aspie-Quiz Registering is optional!
They do not give a formal diagnosis, of course, but might be informative.