Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

10 Dec 2022, 3:54 pm

Greetings fellow intelligent lifeforms posessing the beautiful wonder of the electromagnetic field called consciousness in a beautiful universe. Unfortunately I'm very incompatible with this beatiful universe. Most likely more than most other autists.

I don't like "say hi I'm new threads", but I want to see how my profile looks like.
I'm a 45 year old male who has a 100% schizoid and asexual lifestyle (don't want offline friends, don't want a romantic relationship or sexual interaction, as from experience the stress and misery severely outweighs the reward), but sometimes I may like to share my thoughts. Maybe not now, but maybe in a year. Or never. Who knows... Doesn't hurt to create an account, right?

Maybe here I find a rare type of broken friend who is compatible with me (more broken than the average autist). Because it may be healthier to have someone I can talk to privately. Also a psychiatrist recommended I become active in an Aspie self-help forum (he recommended it 5 years ago and I ignored it).

Before the diagnosis at the age of around 38 I considered myself to have schizoid personality disorder. But the psychiatrist opened my eyes.

Make the best of your life, within your limits. You don't need to be normal to be awesome. Many people are unaware that the simple fact that they are a consciousness is absolutely awesome. Use the peculiarities of your unusually wired brain to create awesome things, which neurotypicals can't to that extent. Even if these awesome things are absolutely useless.

If everyone was normal, this planet would be incredibly boring. That you're not normal is actually another indicator how awesome this universe and evolution is, as it brings a lot of interesting variation.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2022, 4:46 pm

welcome. You are not alone here, many members will be able to identify with your comments. Glad you are with us.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2022, 12:21 pm

Welcome to WP! Ideally it will be a bit more compatible for you than Earth (which is a strange place!).

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2022, 4:25 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D