Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

love
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2008, 4:57 am

On one side I feel it would be rude to begin posting without giving a somewhat proper introduction, yet on the other side I despise writing introductions: picking myself apart for information that is relevant and/or interesting but only shows a biased and very narrow view of who I am always makes me feel as if I am trapped in a circular pattern. But, I will attempt to piece something together regardless.

I have joined the Wrong Planet forum because I have Asperger's Syndrome. ( I also have Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, Anemia, attachment issues, Depersonalization Disorder, and Raynaud's Syndrome, in addition to chronic nose bleeds and chronic dizziness; gotta catch 'em all! I guess. :lol: )

I found that I have AS last year, shortly before I turned thirty years old. It was an eye-opening experience for me and I have since been re-evaluating the things that I do in my daily life as well as my entire past. Overall, this new information has been very helpful and I find that I am better able to handle certain situations and that I am no longer attempting to be "normal".

Growing up was not an easy journey for me and the majority of my life was spent being abused and ridiculed by family, friends, and strangers (I have moved past these betrayals, though). My school years were spent in frustration as I was tested with an IQ of 147 (not that such a test means much) but this did not assist me in completing my school work or maneuvering through the social world (I do admit I did better than most, as I managed to find some people who took a liking to me and watched out for my well being). My adult life has had its bumps (such as coming out of the closet as a lesbian-- with the full support of my husband --after I had married a man and had a child) but within the past six months I have found myself quite calm and cheerful.

The basics of my personal life are that I am a citizen of the USA but I live on an island in Asia,
I am a wife, I am a mother (neither my son or husband are on the spectrum, though my husband does have ADD), I am an artist, I am a housewife, I am a member of the Society of Friends, I am a pet owner (four cats, but there is talk of getting some other assorted animals), and I, well, I am me. :)

My hobbies include traveling, photography, reading, painting, sewing, drawing, HTML, CSS, listen to music, creating music, hiking, and researching subjects that I am interested in (such as ancient Greece, ancient Rome, polytheistic religions, Gnostic texts, women and sexuality throughout the ages, Victorian and Edwardian eras, and the history of textiles).

It is nice to be here and I look forward to getting to know as many individuals as I can.

Last edited by love on 29 May 2008, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

mama_ang
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2008, 7:16 am

Hi Love! You sound deeply interesting! Anyone who has had to battle through life usually is! Look forward to meeting you again! xx

Juniperberrygirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2008, 7:55 am

Greetings Love,

I hope you are well today. :)

drybones
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2008, 8:02 am

Hi Love

Your intro is fine!

Welcome to WP!

kathleenf
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2008, 8:43 am

Hello Love, I'm into sewing too. I'm a pattern maker in the garment industry. I have lots of sewing tutorials on my website.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 9:42 am

Hi!

Welcome to Wrongplanet!

Where in Asia are you from?

autism
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2008, 10:29 am

Hello.
Welcome to WP.
Enjoy your stay here.

The only thing I got was the error message because I have to reboot my best friend sometimes.

I have two cousins and a younger sibling who have Asperger Syndrome.

veruniel
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2008, 10:34 am

Welcome!

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 10:44 am

Nice to meet you, love. :) 8)

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 May 2008, 6:44 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2008, 11:43 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2008, 12:46 pm

You are very welcome!

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Jun 2008, 6:41 am

love wrote:
I found that I have AS last year, shortly before I turned thirty years old. It was an eye-opening experience for me and I have since been re-evaluating the things that I do in my daily life as well as my entire past. Overall, this new information has been very helpful and I find that I am better able to handle certain situations and that I am no longer attempting to be "normal".

Isn't it great how things can sometimes shed light on so much of your life? When I was first diagnosed (age 15) I looked back at my young childhood and realised that so many things that I did, good and bad, were because of AS traits.
Attempting to be "normal" is a waste of time if it's not who you truly are, so i'm glad that you've figured that out for yourself.

I hope you enjoy posting here.