Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Demongirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Sep 2008, 12:36 pm

Hey all WP members! I'm a 21 year old girl living in Downtown Denver going to collage. My major is digital design, that is I'm learning to make cool posters, videos, and websites. Right now I don't think I could make a website as cool as WP. I'm having doubts about my major though! I'm not as good as some of my peers. Right now I'm getting ready to do my thesis! I still haven't decided what I want to do for it!
I think I might design some posters that teach kids to be nicer to kids with autism. I remember how much elementry and middle school messed me up! Everyone was so mean to me and made fun of how I talked. Because of that, I almost never talk to anybody except my family. I like being alone! Sometimes I get loney, but WP has cured me of that! Tell me what you think of my idea or make suggestions if you can!

HD3H
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 1:03 pm

Welcome and Heya Demon

Your idea sounds great.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 1:23 pm

Hello, and welcome. Media design, huh?

Then you might find this interesting; I'm planning an anti-anti-vaccination campaign.
Posters in 50's colours with stereotypical 50's nuclear families, perhaps sarcastic overtones - now, now, little johnny may only have one lung and can't walk or co-ordinate his arms, but at least he doesn't have deadly autisms disease. The father figure smiling, thumbs up, wearing a jumper over a shirt and tie smoking a pipe. One would hope it's counter the anti-vaccine scare tactics.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 2:08 pm

das Techno Viking here!

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 2:18 pm

hi d-girl, I'm a graphic designer :D

the idea sounds very good, just do it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 2:44 pm

hi ther

i am in yr intrnetz mkg skeptikal posts

i can haz bakin dubl chedr cheezbrgr?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

i_Am_andaJoy
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Sep 2008, 2:46 pm

welcome to WP!

if the only doubt is that you are not as good yet as some of your peers... well, that is why you are in school- to learn and practice, so i would not worry about that.

if you didn't actually like doing it, that would be different... so.... is the doubt just that you might not be good enough or is there more to it?

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 2:54 pm

Hello! Welcome to wrong planet!! !! :D :D

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 3:49 pm

"Hi," Demongirl, and welcome to Wrong Planet. I think that your combining your creative talents and life's experience in order to help in the better treatment of autistic children is a very good idea. Wishing all the WP best to you. Take good care now.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 3:01 am

Welcome to WP, demon! I envy your creativity. :P Mucho props on using your skills for a good cause for sure!

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:31 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 Sep 2008, 10:02 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

WonderWomen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Sep 2008, 1:56 am

Demongirl wrote:
Hey all WP members! I'm a 21 year old girl living in Downtown Denver going to collage. My major is digital design, that is I'm learning to make cool posters, videos, and websites. Right now I don't think I could make a website as cool as WP. I'm having doubts about my major though! I'm not as good as some of my peers. Right now I'm getting ready to do my thesis! I still haven't decided what I want to do for it!
I think I might design some posters that teach kids to be nicer to kids with autism. I remember how much elementry and middle school messed me up! Everyone was so mean to me and made fun of how I talked. Because of that, I almost never talk to anybody except my family. I like being alone! Sometimes I get loney, but WP has cured me of that! Tell me what you think of my idea or make suggestions if you can!

I think you have a great idea.
I like to be alone sometimes too I guess.
I told a new guy who is younger from this site, to stop emailing me.
He wanted to know why I won't call him anymore.
What would you do?

ironangel
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Sep 2008, 7:56 am

hi there welcome to WP :D