Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cort
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Jun 2004, 8:21 pm

Hello, I'm Cort. I'm here because I am a friend of Alex's and I got the link off of Dean's blog, which Alex's brother Nick posts to.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

21 Jun 2004, 10:43 am

Welcome to the site, Cort. I'm glad you've expressed interest in the site and have checked it out.

I wanted to ask, though, do you have Asperger's? Not that you wouldn't be welcome otherwise -- certainly, we like to welcome all who can add to the site.

The focus of the community here is to provide support for understanding and dealing with the unique problems and lives of those with the disorder and those who know individuals with the disorder. Since you know Alex, you definitely fall under the category of being an acquaintaince of an individual with the syndrome, so don't worry. Again, we welcome all, but I just was curious.

alex
Developer
Developer

21 Jun 2004, 10:59 am

I asked Cort about this, and he said he doesn't have aspergers syndrome. He told me that he selected the neurotypical option in the profile. His profile says he has aspergers. This is the second time that someone has selected neurotypical but has "asperger's-- diagnosed" listed in his profile. I think we should look at the php code again Dan. The first time it could have been a mistake, but after two people who mistakenly have "asperger's diagnosed" in their profile but have said that they've chosen NT in the registration form, I think this is no longer a fluke or a user error. (I saw my brother choose family member of AS individual, and Cort says he chose NT, so it couldn't be user error.) Both individuals had "AS diagnosed" in their profile.

Nuttdan
WP Co-Founder
WP Co-Founder

22 Jun 2004, 12:23 pm

I'm looking into this.