xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 10:31 pm

....I wont be noticed on this forum, like lost in the crowd
Im just uncertain of myself
Have never been part of such a BIG society before, spooky

... I will fail in my attempt to get some Asperger friends
... that my massive social phobia will take over too much in beeing the reason for the above
... that I again will feel myself not "at home" among people with AS

I had tried some years ago to meet people IRL with AS, without success, I didnt make any friends

... I will never be able to get myself a proper job
Have tried diffrent places to work at, also without success- at least in long term

... that everybody who now read this think Im just a complaining person
I am not but sometimes I can worry too much around things that makes me uncertain

In fact I will try my best to NOT appear as such as I after all like to be in positive support for others
So I hope I can get the chance here - after carrying my diagnosis in 8 ½ years in a lifetravel of emotions

This is just an odd way of introducing myself :wink:

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 10:44 pm

As for friendship, you can message me on aim if you like. My SN is in my profile.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 10:46 pm

Hi! welcome to WP!

lots of people here lost in the crowd, just keep posting, after a while you will start to notice subjects and posters in those subjects that attract your notice. Then you will be just another regular unique person in a world of Aspies and Auties!

Merle

LordKristov
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2009, 11:28 pm

sinsboldly wrote:
Hi! welcome to WP!

lots of people here lost in the crowd, just keep posting, after a while you will start to notice subjects and posters in those subjects that attract your notice. Then you will be just another regular unique person in a world of Aspies and Auties!

Merle

And you can find a subject on, well.....anything.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 11:34 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet.

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 11:41 pm

Hello, and welcome to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, xalepax.

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2009, 11:52 pm

Welcome xalepax! I'm new too.

... You have now officially been noticed by me.
... You have just found a new Asperger friend. (Self proclaimed, but nonetheless)
... I have a massive social phobia too. Relax. They can't eat you.
... Welcome home friend!
... I can't keep a job, so we're somewhat in the same boat there.
... Go read my introduction post. I'm a living ego trip (apparently), and that's worse.

Lots of sunshine, love and hugs in your direction!! !

KaliMa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 12:08 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet, both xalepax and Kenjuudo!

Silvervarg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 6:36 am

Yoo, newbies. :P

You might not get noticed everytime and as much as you would like (we all have that narcesist (?) feeling that everyone should recognice us as the invalueble individuals we are.) but hang in there. :D

And if you write one or two short replys every day no one will notice you. Write a little longer and take your time. :)

Best of luck to you. ;)

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 1:08 pm

Welcome xalepax! Your fears remind me so much of myself that I wanted to be sure to make you feel welcomed.

As others have mentioned, this is a big community and most of us are kind of unobservant anyway so it is easy not to notice people. I personally usually do not notice the posters but rather just reply to the words they have written. But now I am specifically going to train myself to notice you because I want to make sure you like it here. I love it here, I hope you will too :)

I don't want anyone else to feel like I do. I'd offer to be your friend but if you're like me you won't beleive me anyway so I'll just have to show you over time that you can trust some of us and make good friends on here :D

I will be looking forward to more posts from you ;)

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 1:46 pm

Hey, welcome to the forum! :D

Just like Mithra said, just give us some time. I didn't have any friends on here at first but now I have lots. Just keep posting and talk to people that you would like to be friends with. We'll be glad to be friends with you. I would. :D

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 1:59 pm

First: I want to say HI to everybody, something I missed to say first, weird!
Second: THANKS everybody who took time to reply in this topic, I appreciate it!
Third: It was a bit tricky to reply here with all the quotings but Im in it with positive manner :D

TheMidnightJudge wrote:
As for friendship, you can message me on aim if you like. My SN is in my profile.

Thanks for your good thinking thoughts!

Tsinsboldly wrote:

I live in a big city and feel safe with it as if I screw up somewhere, then lost in the crowd is the first I would want to be :roll:
Although I hope it dont turn out like that here at Wrong Planet! After all I feel comfortable with beeing here together with 500 other people
I have been to other forums where only five persons is active and they fast discovered how weird I am :?

LordKristov wrote:
And you can find a subject on, well.....anything

Yeah I like that idea, even if we are all aspies (more or less) we do need to talk about other stuff as well, not only things around our personalities

pandd wrote:
Welcome to Wrong Planet

Thanks! and also special thanks to you who inspired me to take the step to make this topic. Now I feel in better confidence to walk further and join other topics!

JetLag wrote:
Hello, and welcome to the Wrong Planet neighborhood, xalepax

Thanks! I have seen you around welcomming all newbies and hoped you would notice me too, I feel honoured :wink:

Kenjuudo wrote:
I have a massive social phobia too.Relax. They can't eat you

Good to know Im not the only one with that detail in my condition. Good point 8)
Thanks for your creative reply, I like it. I had read your intro post and will reply further there
By the way its named ASPergers with an P, not an B :wink:

KaliMa wrote:

Thank you! on my behalf :)

Silvervarg wrote:
You might not get noticed everytime and as much as you would like

nah, I dont mind and would survive it. Its just in the beginning Im a bit uncertain but Im sure I get accross it if I just hang around a while, I have honestly nothing to loose on it :idea:

Silvervarg wrote:
Best of luck to you.

Thanks Silverwolf, I will carry it with me when now throwing myself out in this forum jungle!

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 2:22 pm

mitharatowen wrote:
Welcome xalepax! Your fears remind me so much of myself that I wanted to be sure to make you feel welcomed.

But now I am specifically going to train myself to notice you because I want to make sure you like it here. I love it here, I hope you will too :)

Such an amazing reply! Thanks a bunch for caring about a stranger like me.

mitharatowen wrote:
I don't want anyone else to feel like I do. I'd offer to be your friend but if you're like me you won't beleive me anyway so I'll just have to show you over time that you can trust some of us and make good friends on here :D

Here you really hit me directly on the spot (especially with that part "I wouldnt believe you anyway")
Thats a true aspie-caring-manner!

mitharatowen wrote:
I will be looking forward to more posts from you ;)

*blushing* :wink: You will get more post from me for sure :)

Social_Fantom wrote:
Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just like Mithra said, just give us some time. I didn't have any friends on here at first but now I have lots. Just keep posting and talk to people that you would like to be friends with. We'll be glad to be friends with you. I would.

Thanks a bunch for your kind words, yes I will give this time. Im looking forward to get to know you all better!

Kenjuudo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 2:27 pm

xalepax wrote:
Good to know Im not the only one with that detail in my condition. Good point 8)
Thanks for your creative reply, I like it. I had read your intro post and will reply further there
Well, consider this: Have you ever been eaten? :roll:
Since that post, I've done an online test, as suggested by pandd, and have become much more confident in my theory.

xalepax wrote:
By the way its named ASPergers with an P, not an B :wink:
Thanks! As I am a sworn perfectionist, I went along and fixed them all. :oops:

xalepax wrote:
KaliMa wrote:

Thank you! on my behalf :)
And on mine too! :)

BobTheMartian
Toucan
Toucan

09 Mar 2009, 5:22 pm

Well, everyone else who's replied here has already driven the point home, so there isn't a whole lot I can add, but more assurances can't hurt. You'll be among friends here; this is a very accepting community. After all, most of the people have either been through or are currently dealing with very similar problems to your own. We understand the kinds of things you're going through, and because of that you can rest assured that people will make sure you know it.

Everyone is uncertain of themselves at some time or another. As has been said before, you don't have to worry about that. Tons of people here have massive social phobias, which puts you on a level playing field at worst, and actually gives you a mutual understanding and a way to connect with others at best. Even those who don't have them still understand them, and furthermore care enough to actually make an effort to include you.

As for feeling at home, well... What do you feel so far? ;) Just put yourself out there; there are those that will notice even if it doesn't always seem that way. All of us around here are still unique, but we're all alike in the ways that truly matter; that will make all the difference towards feeling understood.

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2009, 5:27 pm

Weird is good unless you are nasty or have to criticize every little thing.