MODERATOR ATTENTION: How to get help when you need it

Page 33 of 40 [ 600 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

10 Feb 2019, 10:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
^ Thanks dude , hopefully it will get back on track now. I can't clean up the posts , a real mod will have to do that :lol:

What species of mods are you? :-/

I'm an i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ impotent one :jester:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 9:16 am

This person ("ShyGirl7") is trolling another thread and distorting my posts by claiming I worship Charles Darwin when I never once said I did. :roll:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=362018&start=45

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 6:08 pm

Is it acceptable to post tabloid stories in the News & Current Events forum? Do tabloids count as news sources? (I'm talking obvious and known tabloids like the National Enquirer in the US and the Daily Mail in the UK.)

feeli0
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Feb 2019, 12:44 am

I'm not sure there is a ruling on that. If we were to hypothetically say 'reputable news sources only', then the more Liberal news sources would be called into question (MSNBC, CNN) by the right wing, and vice versa. I think, just argue the case for the unreliability of the news source in the thread.

I know reddit has policies like that on the r/news subreddit, but the modding doesn't work the same here where we rely on reports being made rather than the mods monitor every thread.

Maybe the other mods like to comment?

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Feb 2019, 5:06 pm

^ Not ignoring you feeli0 , just nothing useful to add.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

feeli0
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Feb 2019, 4:13 am

^ glad.

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Feb 2019, 11:14 am

Not ignoring either, just dunno what to say.

There is no rule about it, but I've seen on other forums that once the source is Daily Mail, people will just respond with "Daily Mail!" and the topic dies or becomes a joke thread.

I'd certainly not link DM or the National Enquirer if I wanted a serious discussion.

http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Wolves - second only to turtles <3

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2019, 2:59 pm

I really get tired of people who have an agenda posting basically the same topic to news and current events over and over to try influencing people on how to vote and what to believe in.

I get it you don't like trump and really really want people to vote democrat.

I get it you really really want people to take climate change seriously.

XFilesGeek
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

19 Feb 2019, 3:53 pm

^ Dealt with. And Fifasy has been shown the door.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (moderator)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 11:11 am

Damn beat me to it.

Skilpadde
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

20 Feb 2019, 12:05 pm

thanks, the spammer has been dealt with

http://turtleforum.freeforums.org/index.php

Wolves - second only to turtles <3

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2019, 6:00 pm

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
Quote:
Please avoid making statements that could be anti-trans. This includes stating that people are confused about their gender, or spreading fear that children are being brainwashed.

Hello. I just received this message and I'm curious what specifically did I say to get this warning?

It appears to be in PPR topic: 'Locked: Ben Shapiro on transgender kids'

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2019, 9:40 am

I'm aware the mod that issued the warning hasn't returned. I'm not attempting to cause inflammatory discussions, I legitimately had/have concerns for children and concerns for puberty blockers negatively effecting gays and particular trans-women which I clearly stated over and over within that topic. I will do my part and assume such discussions can't take place, therefor I will no longer discuss anything related to transgenders, biological sex or gender in fear of getting banned for unknown reasons. I have not discriminated against transgenders and have actually made a case to defend particular trans-women and gays. Yet somehow that gets labeled as trans-phobic. Here is the research on the topic I was discussing which got labeled as "or spreading fear that children are being brainwashed".

Rapid-onset gender dysphoria
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 150809.htm

I don't think it's right to ban discussions but either way I will avoid speaking on such subjects as a safety measurement.