Dealing With Annoying Private Messages.

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 6:59 pm

Is someone sending you annoying Private Messages (PMs)?
Have you reported the PMs to the moderators?
Does it seem that the moderators are ignoring your reports?

There is a solution. One that you can implement yourself without a moderator's help. Just follow the procedure below.

1. Access your PM page.
2. Select "Rules, folders & settings" under "Options" on the left of the page.
3. Select "Sender" under "Add New Rule".
4. Click "Next".
5. Select "is" under "Sender".
6. Click "Next".
7. Type the name of the sender whose PMs you wish to block under "Sender is".
8. Click "Next".
9. Select "Delete message" under "Sender is [sender's name]".
10. Click "Add rule".

That's it, you are done! Now when that member tries to PM you, his or her PM to you will be deleted before you even see it.

I've posted this because other members of WP have told me they have been receiving annoying PMs after they've told the sender to stop, and even after they've reported the annoying PMs (and their equally annoying senders) to the moderators.

Now, we all know how busy the moderators are with more important matters, so it may be a better idea to deal with this matter ourselves -- it is certainly easy enough to do!

:D

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2019, 8:59 pm

I wish I would get some of those messages, but I never do. Perhaps I need to try harder to piss people off. Do you have any pointers you can pass along?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 2:53 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I wish I would get some of those messages, but I never do. Perhaps I need to try harder to piss people off. Do you have any pointers you can pass along?

Really.

He ought to tell the rest of us how to get..."annoying PMs" in the first place. That before we all advance to the "what to do about it when we get them" stage. :lol:

I only a get a handful of any kind of pms a year. But I don't receall EVER getting a pm that I considered to be "annoying".

In ten years I have reported one, or two, odd pms (one from a possible scammer, another from a lunatic). But that's it.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jul 2019, 3:17 am

Do you want some now again to spice up your life? :D

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 7:54 am

OHHHH...yes!

Make pm's, and make them NASTY!

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jul 2019, 8:08 am

naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Really.

He ought to tell the rest of us how to get..."annoying PMs" in the first place. That before we all advance to the "what to do about it when we get them" stage. :lol:

I only a get a handful of any kind of pms a year. But I don't receall EVER getting a pm that I considered to be "annoying".

In ten years I have reported one, or two, odd pms (one from a possible scammer, another from a lunatic). But that's it.

Start pissing me off , I'll be more than happy to annoy you via PM's :mrgreen:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 8:12 am

VegetableMan wrote:
... I need to try harder to piss people off. Do you have any pointers you can pass along?
Sure, just send me a PM with your specific questions and...

No ... wait...

You can't.

Never mind.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jul 2019, 8:15 am

SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Really.

I doubt that will prove difficult!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jul 2019, 8:51 am

envirozentinel wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Really.

I doubt that will prove difficult!

PM sent :twisted:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 11:52 am

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
... I need to try harder to piss people off. Do you have any pointers you can pass along?
Sure, just send me a PM with your specific questions and...

No ... wait...

You can't.

Never mind.

No problem. I'll just do further analysis of your posting style. (I'm really hoping I can get a death threat or two.)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 2:18 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

Maybe he can write a guide on "Guide to pissing people off online and how you can succeed in it." :lol:

I have a quilt of labels. I had a language disorder and a speech disorder. Then communication disorder NOS. My other diagnoses have been Language Processing disorder, dyspraxia, SPD, OCD, ADD, Asperger’s, anxiety disorder, adjustment disorder, anorexia nervosa. My mom’s labels of me are: eating disorder, anorexia, social anxiety, PTSD, just being sensitive and having the victim complex when I was a kid. And of course she says I’m normal and says the only thing I had as a child was language. Huh? I must have been a shitty person then and maybe a difficult child I was who had to be labeled because of incompetent school staff and mean kids who didn’t accept differences and because I was trying to be “normal.” :/

My blog: https://mynoneabdlthoughts.wordpress.com/

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 2:37 pm

League_Girl wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Maybe he can write a guide on "Guide to pissing people off online and how you can succeed in it." :lol:

A great idea, but I have a sneaking suspicion it's already been done.

SaveFerris
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Jul 2019, 2:59 pm

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 4:19 pm

^ :lol: That's really good!

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2019, 8:47 pm

Oh, boy! Ferris is firing up the ol' Photoshop again. None of us are safe!