Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2021, 12:31 pm

I always seem to be picked on here i thought this was a place i could be myself i suffer with nt bullies every day i shouldnt have to feel invalid on a autism forum but i do

I go to parents discussion for advice only to be told by a childless person i am a bad parent for setting boundaries for my teenage son

I reply to a thread and i get reported for being racist even tho i dont see any racism in what i had put all i was doing was saying what everyone was dancing around the obvious

people make fun of my thread about glasses and autism

so thats it im done here if thats the way some of you think of me goodbye hope you find someone else to pick on

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 8:18 am

I like you, Caz. Please stay.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:32 am

Caz72 is a good friend of mine here. :cry:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:51 am

It's terrible such behavior takes place on an autism support site. I'm sorry your experience here has not been a positive one. Take care!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

badRobot
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 10:56 am

VegetableMan wrote:
It's terrible such behavior takes place on an autism support site. I'm sorry your experience here has not been a positive one. Take care!

What is kind of ironic is that a lot of autistic people are genuinely trying to be helpful, but due to being too direct and speaking what they think they come off as rude and insensitive. This is why a lot of us have trouble in everyday social situations.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:15 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

This
^^^^

Thre is something to be said for this also
badRobot wrote:
What is kind of ironic is that a lot of autistic people are genuinely trying to be helpful, but due to being too direct and speaking what they think they come off as rude and insensitive. This is why a lot of us have trouble in everyday social situations.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2021, 4:34 pm

Caz. You will be missed. I think at times we all can say things and do things which can be read in different ways, or we do not realize how we can hurt others by what we say or have written. I have to pull away and forgive because I realize that I also say things that upset others... (I know you are not upset with me when you replied. I was worried incase it was me and relieved when it was not. Please forgive the ones who have hurt you though). I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay in touch and share your adventures with us... I understand being upset at times. Been there. Done that! Haha. Been on the recieving end many many times... Somehow... Don't know why or how.... It just happens because I am me and others don't understand me and who I am?

I want the very best for you and I hope that you can forgive us and all goes well. :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 1:33 am

badRobot wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

This. Why can't we all just get along and give each other the benefit of the doubt and stop reading negative tone into everything. I made a rant about it once in The Haven.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 2:01 am

League_Girl wrote:
badRobot wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

This. Why can't we all just get along and give each other the benefit of the doubt and stop reading negative tone into everything. I made a rant about it once in The Haven.

Caz72 told me in PM that she felt she was being treated harshly or unfairly in a few past threads, which has nothing to do with people accidentally upsetting people. And she doesn't even visit the PPR section.

So that's another good member gone. :roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 8:30 am

I hope Caz comes back.

I used to want to be a bus driver.

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

11 May 2021, 3:55 pm

Yes - come back ... i'm sorry for whatever you may have been through :(

Can someone contact her?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 5:47 pm

Dry Dry Sea wrote:

Can someone contact her?

I am in touch with her through PM, and I'm talking her into coming back. So she's only logging in to reply to PMs. When people say "I'm leaving" it usually means "I'm not going to post in the forum". It doesn't always mean never logging back in again.

When I left my previous job I still came back to visit my friends who still worked there. Same sort of thing.

Dry Dry Sea
Raven
Raven

11 May 2021, 6:30 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Dry Dry Sea wrote:

Can someone contact her?

I am in touch with her through PM, and I'm talking her into coming back. So she's only logging in to reply to PMs. When people say "I'm leaving" it usually means "I'm not going to post in the forum". It doesn't always mean never logging back in again.

When I left my previous job I still came back to visit my friends who still worked there. Same sort of thing.

Can I be your Friend here?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2021, 6:45 pm

Quote:
Can I be your Friend here?

I don't see why not. :)

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 10:08 am

ok iv come back but i am not going t put up with any targeting accusations or people picking on me just cos my iq is lower than most peoples here

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2021, 10:14 am

You don't need a high IQ to be loved. Welcome back.