Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 11:25 am

I've been seeing an unusually large number of error messages here on WP these past few days. Sometimes they happen when I submit a post, but sometimes they happen when I just click a link. Usually (though not always) the error messages go away when I click my browser's back button and try again.

The error messages have been so varied that I doubt that quoting them here will be helpful. There seems to be something fundamentally flaky going on with the server. Nevertheless, if I see more of these weird error messages within the next few days, I will copy and paste them here in this thread. It might be helpful if other users would do likewise.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:01 pm

Invalid data supplied is the main one I've been seeing.
400 Bad Request sometimes comes up in response to posts.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 9:56 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
I've been seeing an unusually large number of error messages here on WP these past few days. Sometimes they happen when I submit a post, but sometimes they happen when I just click a link. Usually (though not always) the error messages go away when I click my browser's back button and try again.

The error messages have been so varied that I doubt that quoting them here will be helpful. There seems to be something fundamentally flaky going on with the server. Nevertheless, if I see more of these weird error messages within the next few days, I will copy and paste them here in this thread. It might be helpful if other users would do likewise.

WP was down completely, not that long ago.

QuietThoughts
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jul 2021, 1:05 am

I haven't got any errors at all.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 12:09 pm

I just now got "400 Bad Request - cloudflare" when making a post. I then clicked my browser's back button and tried again and it worked fine.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm

I get the 400 message quite a bit lately, but this message ^ is even more annoying. It happens multiple times a day.

Does anyone else get this message, and why does it happen?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:04 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I get the 400 message quite a bit lately, but this message ^ is even more annoying. It happens multiple times a day.

I've gotten that the entire time I've used the site. I noticed going back and re-searching usually works.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:12 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I get that when I try too many searches too quickly.

View Posts Since Last Visit and View Your Posts both rely on the search feature. Waiting a bit longer makes it work.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う