Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2021, 7:33 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Cornflake wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
Last edited by Cornflake on 17 Oct 2021, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a racially-contentious comment

Yep that just proved it.
Not so -

Legal definition of freedom of speech: The right to express information, ideas, and opinions free of government restrictions based on content and subject only to reasonable limitations (as the power of the government to avoid a clear and present danger) especially as guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/diction ... f%20speech

Thus, "freedom of speech" does not apply.

What you're complaining about is the removal of a remark for the reason given - that is, it was in breach of the site rules; those rules regarding behavior and what is permitted on a privately-owned website.

When it comes to private enterprise be it a business or a website there are no free speech rights, only freedom of expression privileges granted by the owner.

Have you missed the platform/pubisher debate? :scratch:

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

I luv KFC!