Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 8:56 pm

There's been two threads in one night where one minute there were like 8 replies to a thread then when I looked again there was like 4, or something like that. When I read those posts there was nothing offensive or against the rules being written. Is it a glitch, am I going mad, or are people just indecisive and suddenly want their posts deleted? It's annoying sometimes because I read the posts and decide to reply later when I can think of a reply, then when I come back later it's gone.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 9:13 pm

I saw 1 member today deleting their post twice in a thread.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:11 pm

You can't delete your own post once another post has been made after it, can you? If four posts have been deleted from a thread, it must have been a moderator. Or am I going mad as well (probably)?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2022, 10:18 pm

Some people ask for posts to be deleted, sometimes a mod will delete a whole string of off topic posts, sometimes threads are split or merged, all of which could cause some post count irregularities. Also, this board runs on antiquated software held together by chewing gum and rubber bands and powered by hamsters running in wheels, so I wouldn't be surprised if things occasionally just glitched.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2022, 3:04 am

^
I don't think that was the case in these threads. In fact the threads are right here. When I read the posts they didn't look like they deserved to be deleted.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=403428&p=8962035#p8962035

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=403424&p=8961501#p8961501

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

26 Jan 2022, 7:24 am

Two posts were removed from the second thread because they were off-topic and didn't meet the expectations of the rule-set for a thread in The Haven.
I can find no record of post removals for the first thread.

Posts are also sometimes removed because they've been made by a troll or a banned member returning under a different name and in those circumstances, it doesn't really matter how reasonable they may seem.