are we allowed to talk about linking?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 4:23 pm

Quote:
Post subject: are we allowed to talk about linking?

Namiko wrote:
Hey, guys, where did my post go????? :evil:

I guess not.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 4:26 pm

alex wrote:
When people are banned, they get an email explaining why they were banned and stating that they can be unbanned if they promise not to do so.

Every single person who was banned in the last couple months has claimed that they recieved no such explanation. What are the odds that all of them are lying? :?

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 4:28 pm

Sorce wrote:
Quote:

Namiko wrote:

I guess not.

That would be funny if people weren't deleting their own posts to try to convince people that discussion of linking is not allowed.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 4:29 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
alex wrote:
When people are banned, they get an email explaining why they were banned and stating that they can be unbanned if they promise not to do so.

Every single person who was banned in the last couple months has claimed that they recieved no such explanation. What are the odds that all of them are lying? :?

I'd say its pretty likely considering the fact that people are banned for doing bad things and most people don't like to admit they've done something bad. People who do bad things are usually more likely to lie which is also a bad thing.

You've not been banned because you haven't done any bad things. Some people on WrongPlanet who have been banned have decided to come back, like the poster named MIA, and they don't have a right to do so. Yet that post wasn't deleted as it didn't really violate any guidelines. However, that user was banned and didn't have a chance to delete his post and make it look like an admin deleted it.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 4:38 pm

Quote:
most people don't like to admit they've done something bad. People who do bad things are usually more likely to lie which is also a bad thing.

Ya don't say? :lol:

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 4:41 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
Quote:
most people don't like to admit they've done something bad. People who do bad things are usually more likely to lie which is also a bad thing.

Ya don't say? :lol:

I don't understand what you're asking. It would be helpful if you could clarify.

AbominableSnoCone
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 4:45 pm

I think its pretty clear

flashlight
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2006, 4:48 pm

I think what he is saying is that you are being economical with the truth, in an attempt to convince those who don\'t know any better that you are simply the victim of malicious pranksters, who are deleting their own posts, and would stoop to anything to damage your spotless reputation. Because you have never been caught telling bare-faced lies, have you Alex? You would never do such a thing.

*Alex wrote - When people are banned, they get an email explaining why they were banned and stating that they can be unbanned if they promise not to do so. *

This is untrue. Nobody who has been banned since the pogrom began has had an explanation, and as for \'doing bad things\' I must say that the problem appears to be that the banned knew too much about YOU. Which is why you have been deleting posts. Keep running Alex. The truth always catches up with you eventually.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 4:54 pm

Flashlight is one example of a banned user coming back under a different name.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 5:10 pm

AbominableSnoCone wrote:
I think its pretty clear

I agree.

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 5:41 pm

alex wrote:
Sorce wrote:
Quote:

Namiko wrote:

I guess not.

That would be funny if people weren't deleting their own posts to try to convince people that discussion of linking is not allowed.

PeterMacKensie deleted his own post? You know, the post where he had a bunch of LINKS? Last I heard he wasn't a moderator, and basic members can't do that. QuirkyCarla's (another non mod) was deleted too, after you quoted it and changed her name to "A troll" . Screen shots are available to prove what you have done. And you can't change people's memories either. ;)

Larval
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 5:44 pm

alex wrote:
Larval wrote:
all alex does is delete posts and threads and ban people.

I'm sorry you believe this.

If I had the time required to sit at my computer all day and delete posts, I couldn't be in the great college at which I'm currently studying and my employer would probably fire me and I have a pretty sweet job (fun and great pay/prestige) so losing it would probably not be in my best interests.

You are at your computer a lot though, and the posts that reveal the truth about you seem to conveniently disappear...;)

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2006, 6:33 pm

alex, a regular member can't delete a post after a reply has been made after their post. Nobody is deleting his or her own posts.

PeterMacKenzie definitely didn't delete his own post because people replied to the thread after him, and then his post was deleted. PeterMacKenzie wasn't spamming; he was directly responding to a member's concern regarding the disappearance of many ex-WP members. He showed links to sites where they could be found.

Finally, to reiterate what Larval said, screenshots are available to prove it.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 6:55 pm

Bec wrote:
alex, a regular member can't delete a post after a reply has been made after their post. Nobody is deleting his or her own posts.

PeterMacKenzie definitely didn't delete his own post because people replied to the thread after him, and then his post was deleted. PeterMacKenzie wasn't spamming; he was directly responding to a member's concern regarding the disappearance of many ex-WP members. He showed links to sites where they could be found.

Larval sent me a message apologizing for the posts he made as he said someone used his account and posted stuff without his permission.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 7:00 pm

Bec wrote:

Peter mackkenzie was banned and is the same person who posted what you can find above as a new user.

alex
Developer
Developer

02 May 2006, 7:09 pm

I'm locking this topic. It's clear that some people here do not want to listen to what I have to say.