Won't allow me to post / error messages

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

gallimaufry
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jun 2011, 10:19 pm

I tried posting on the perpetual photography thread a few minutes ago, and with 3 different attempts, I got 3 error messages. I get a general error message stating "error in posting". I also get a message that says something about the smilies. And there is another one that says "cannot find category".

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 4:51 am

gallimaufry wrote:
I tried posting on the perpetual photography thread a few minutes ago, and with 3 different attempts, I got 3 error messages. I get a general error message stating "error in posting". I also get a message that says something about the smilies. And there is another one that says "cannot find category".

Hmm... you might be trying to post too many images at once? That sometimes seems to happen. I'm sure there's a limit (might be 3), and there's no sensible message telling you what you've done wrong in that case. I've run foul of this one myself.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

it sometimes happens to me, just lightly edit the post, maybe make an extra space at the end or begining or whatnot and eventually it will let you go through with it.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2011, 6:38 pm

Moog wrote:
I'm sure there's a limit (might be 3),

I've seen people post more than 3 in one post :?
I believe I get that smiley one sometimes when uploading over 2 or 3 full size photos at once, and in my case using imageshack, I have to upload them as thumbnails, and that works.
Not tried MXH's method though.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 2:55 am

TenPencePiece wrote:
Moog wrote:
I'm sure there's a limit (might be 3),

I've seen people post more than 3 in one post :?
I believe I get that smiley one sometimes when uploading over 2 or 3 full size photos at once, and in my case using imageshack, I have to upload them as thumbnails, and that works.
Not tried MXH's method though.

Oh? You guys probably know better than I do. :)