Page 5 of 12 [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2006, 11:30 pm

ascan wrote:
When you push your victims too far, and they retaliate in the only way they know how, you ban them and threaten them with legal action.
Actually ascan this member threaten legal action against Intensitysquared not the other way around it even has been suggested even You put Him up to it.

This person is a member here at Wrong Planet even Intensitysquared and Aspie Trash too. He posted possible legal action against Intensitysquared by using the Aspie Trash Forum.

His ban was to be temporary He even posted that He would not take legal action against Intensitysquared.

You are even have memberships at Intensitysquared and Aspie Trash to ascan.

Thats the true story ascan not Your story.

A former Mediator of Intensitysquared.

kevv729

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 5:59 am

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

en_una_isla wrote:
No one has ever been banned from I2.

kev719 wrote:
His ban was to be temporary...

You lot come to this forum looking for victims. You and your buddies then PM then asking them to join. I accept that some fit in, and that the place can be amusing; however, those that don't are subjected to the kind of treatment that is described all too vividly in places like this under the heading of "bullying". The kind of treatment that, in certain circumstances, makes people feel like topping themselves.

I stand by the following, I believe one of your admins refers to these people as "fresh meat":

ascan wrote:
Truth is that you lure vulnerable people — who often show the most acute signs of AS — from sites like this to use as objects of ridicule. This ridicule includes administrators goading them mercilessly and allowing images they've posted in "secure" areas of support sites to be used to humiliate them. When you push your victims too far, and they retaliate in the only way they know how, you ban them and threaten them with legal action.

I know more about the place in question than some of the current admins. I was one of the first to be invited to set the place up originally. Since that time, I've seen at least three people with AS related social problems treated like dogs. Perhaps you're trying to prevent that kind of thing happening again, but unless someone keeps pointing out to you the danger of what you're doing, you will have no incentive to change.

As for the absurd idea that you operate with no rules, that is just part of the deception. Obviously there are rules, although they are unwritten — how the hell can someone get banned otherwise? Many with AS struggle with interpreting socially constructed boundaries that are those unwritten rules. Inevitably, those most encumbered by such difficulties will be the ones hounded, humiliated and eventually threatened with the law; and of course that makes the best entertainment for some of the more unpleasant individuals there.

And I'm not the only one who has the above opinion. One of the founder admins has similar concerns, too.

aspoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2006, 6:07 am

i suppose a reply would mean mean that i would have to be manipulative as well.

ascan, your words corner the market on manipulation. i am not up to the task.

but i will say that, en una asla did not know about the ban, because it is being discussed. there is no intention of making it permanent.
barring satisfactory results.

i personally believe that one person should get the boot. but no-one seems to support my idea of banning you!
i argue that since you never post, and all you do is use selective posts to wind up already vulnerable people to the point of meltdown, that you are nothing more than a sniper.

oh, btw- Jesus died for your sins, ascan. god bless you.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:12 am

Why are we discussing I2 here? Aren't they free to do whatever the hell they want?

- Emerson

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:27 am

MrMark wrote:
Why are we discussing I2 here? Aren't they free to do whatever the hell they want?

So are Al-Qaeda, we still discuss them, though. Of course, they don't use this thread to recruit; the organisation in question does.

I hope that's clear.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:55 am

I mean I2 is free to do whatever they want on their site. The Al-Qaeda comparison is a little unfair and inflammatory. (Is this what we mean by baiting? I'm not clear on that.) They can extend invitations if they like. I don't think they're deceptive about their nature. People have to take responsibility for their own choices.

- Emerson

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 9:10 am

MrMark wrote:
They can extend invitations if they like...

True. And I can point out to people how they risk being treated if they join. They then get both sides of the story and so can make decisions with a good knowledge of the facts. Also, I'll add that individuals with knowledge of a specific nature have a moral responsibility to use that knowledge where it may be of benefit to others.

Anyway, let me ask you this: if you'd joined a support-type site, and posted your picture in a "secure" area in an attempt to make friends, then someone at the place in question joined the support site, found that image and posted it elsewhere in an attempt to humiliate you, how would you feel? (keep in mind that this is a place for people with AS, and people with AS often have great difficulty making friends). This is the sort of thing they do, and some of the admins there encourage it. People can go there if they want, but if you fall foul of the wrong people, this is the treatment you can expect.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 9:10 am

MrMark wrote:
Why are we discussing I2 here?
Because ascan hijacked the thread to attack Intensitysquared and aspoid because ascan hold a grudge against them.

MrMark wrote:
Aren't they free to do whatever the hell they want?
Yes they are just like Wrong Planet does in the end.

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 9:23 am

More deception:

kevv729 wrote:
Because ascan hijacked the thread to attack Intensitysquared and aspoid ...

Eamonn started plugging Intensity² first:
eamonn wrote:
Is this the same IntensitySquared you endorsed when you joined, whilst at the same time casting aspertions toward other Asperger's forums, particularly WrongPlanet? Venturing that the members here all need wet-nursed and molly-coddled by legislation and sympethetic members/admins.

I wont deny Intensity can be a little close to the bone and risque. To reflect this, the fora are strictly adults only and advises you look around the place before deciding whether or not to join as it certainly wont be to everyones tastes.

I have found that the freedoms of the site has calmed my argumentative side because when there's no-one telling you that you cant do this or that and all you have to answer to is your own conscience and other members criticisms then arguments soon become boring and real friendships can emerge.

Let me elaborate further by mentioning that I dont regret in helping set up Intensity, along with McJgger and Omega Female, and feel as long as there are enough decent members there, then it will continue to be a sucess and a refuge for autistics who are often of the opinion that they have been cast out elsewhere for their views or differences.

At this juncture i should point out I am no longer involved in the running of Intensity and hardly have the chance to visit so please dont hold my opinion as that of being the definitive guideline. People should and will continue make up their own minds.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 9:41 am

I stand by what I have said. Then what happened You came in and started to hijack the thread did You not. You do not like to leave things alone do You acsan. You could have ignored as You put it the plug but You did not did You.

aspoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2006, 9:42 am

ascans grasp at straws:

Quote:
Anyway, let me ask you this: if you'd joined a support-type site, and posted your picture in a "secure" area in an attempt to make friends, then someone at the place in question joined the support site, found that image and posted it elsewhere in an attempt to humiliate you, how would you feel? (keep in mind that this is a place for people with AS, and people with AS often have great difficulty making friends). This is the sort of thing they do, and some of the admins there encourage it. People can go there if they want, but if you fall foul of the wrong people, this is the treatment you can expect.

since this is your latest, and i presume best argument (since the al qaeda comment is 'out' there.) i will respond.

you have no idea what you are talking about. this wasn't an administrator who did this. it was a short lived bit that was fixed.
and...

the powerful aspie elite (as you refer to them) went out of their way to comment on how handsome the person in the pictures was. in effect, quashing any ill intent that the original poster had.

and, the person who actually started the thread in question took them down (pictures) and came forward with an apology.
i am sure that you, ascan, can agree that people make mistakes. shouldn't we forgive them if they acknowledge them?

furthermore, your girlfriend ( a former intensity squared founding member) went out of her way to support the person (for the title of administrator) who started the thread (note quote above for topic) in the most recent elections held on intensity squared.

Now, if this is such a crucial topic for you, then why don't you have a talk with your woman, instead of pointing fingers at innocent bystanders?

aspoid
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2006, 9:49 am

btw- pwned again...

and if anyone is wondering, ascan is involved here, @ WP, discussing this because he prefers to snipe with his dillusions rather than face them head on.

sorry about any inconvenience this has caused anybody. i apologize on behalf of ascan.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 9:59 am

ascan wrote:

So this is common knowledge, right? I2 is for thick-skinned aspies.

- Emerson

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 10:08 am

aspoid wrote:
...this wasn't an administrator who did this. it was a short lived bit that was fixed.

You miss the point, as usual. The pictures were only removed after the admin at the other site intervened. You had copyright material taken from another site that was being used to attack a member. That particular member, who shows obvious AS related problems, had been hounded repeatedly by the guy who runs your site and his sycophantic side-kicks. As I've said elsewhere, you find a person's weakness then attack them until they break. This provides entertainment and is part of the attraction of Intensity². You've done it personally to at least two others in the past, too, haven't you? Didn't you label one a paedophile at the original Intensity?

ascan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 10:09 am

MrMark wrote:
So this is common knowledge, right?

It is now.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 11:02 am

ascan wrote:
Indeed, eamonn. One gets the impression that your time away from the cut and thrust of forum conflict has been well spent. Having you been perusing some interesting literature by any chance?

Oh, I'm glad you acknowledge my saintly status, you're obviously a more discerning chap than that mcjagger character — you wouldn't believe the things he's been saying about me elsewhere!

I've been swatting up on the dictionary. Some of it even sticks to my sieve-like head, given enough practice. I have no wish to get involved in the argument as i dont have the time, frankly, and i know how much stamina you have.