Page 50 of 50 [ 788 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2021, 6:48 pm

I always thought a history sub forum would be a good idea.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2021, 7:05 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I agree with the idea of no political sigs. I forgot that you can turn off signatures, but I might do that since I just scroll past them all as I'm tired of seeing political ones. I've even seen vaguely transphobic ones before, but they're not there anymore so I don't know if they got removed via mods, but I doubt it since one was there for a long time. They all certainly make this site very unwelcoming.

Thanks for speaking up. Hopefully others who feel similarly will speak up too.

If I had my druthers -- if I were in charge of software development for an online forum -- I would give users the option of having multiple sigs, with possibly a different sig showing in each sub-forum. That way, political sigs could be limited to the sub-forums in which politics is allowed to be discussed. Alas, such a thing will probably never happen here on WP, so, to keep political-themed sigs out of non-political sub-forums, it would be necessary to prohibit political sigs altogether.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 9:16 pm

Garfield Minus Garfield  is a website dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle.  It is a journey deep into the mind of an isolated young everyman as he fights a losing battle against loneliness and depression in a quiet American suburb.

After reading through about a year's worth of these comics, I think Jon Arbuckle should be the new mascot of WrongPlanet.  In my humble opinion, he really is one of us...

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

17 Jul 2021, 11:15 pm

An astute observation indeed - even with the regular comic strip I've often thought so.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/