Page 4 of 56 [ 894 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 56  Next

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2012, 1:50 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
spongy wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
Also a reputation system so that you can give positive, neutral and negative rep to other posters anonymously. There could also be a place under each post for rep comments, if people want to comment when they give rep.

Ive seen the rep thing but everywhere Ive seen it it stated who gave whom what rep. Negatives where anonymous in some places though.

That being said there are enough members that think that this is a popularity contest and enforcing the rep thing would be just another reason for them to feel left out and complain about members not being aspie(apparently we should all like doing the same stuff)...

I've seen anonymous rep. Also, rep could only be given for the contents of the post, not for the person. If something is helpful you get positive rep. If it's flaming you get negative rep. You don't leave a rep comment about the person, you leave it about the post itself. If it's about the person the mods remove it and the rep.

I know that rep is only given for a post.

But members are going to complain about how they said something and it was ignored and then x/y/z member said the same thing later and they got rep.
Its a nice idea but I dont think it´d work out

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 19 Apr 2012, 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 10:52 pm

I'm guessing they fixed that? ^^^^ Doesn't seem to be doing it anymore.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 10:54 pm

MrXxx wrote:

It still happens for me, but i just click randomly on the screen and it goes away

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 10:58 pm

Can a forum be constructed in such a way that submitting the first post automatically closes the thread?

This way, members can rant to their hearts' content in a single post about anything that want (within the rules, of course), without fear that anyone could possibly disagree with them or make "judgmental" posts against them.

Wouldn't that be great?

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 8:41 am

Perhaps a natural language processing algorithm could be harnessed, in order to suggest what threads are being vaguely referred to when a post does not directly reference them.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 11:45 am

Or a similar natural language processor that responds to rants with an appropriate, yet neutral phrase, such as "I see ... tell me more", "Please elaborate", and "That's interesting ... go on ..."

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 1:33 pm

Have you ever considered the value of assertive communication, Fnord?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 2:38 pm

Alexender wrote:
MrXxx wrote:

It still happens for me, but i just click randomly on the screen and it goes away

It used to pop open for me with even an incidental passing over it with the mouse (passing very quickly over it). Not anymore. Now it takes an actual hover. It still pops up pretty quickly, but it sure seems like I have to be more deliberate about it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2012, 2:58 pm

With regard to the Haven, I suggest that aggressive, and passive-aggressive communication should not be tolerated.

pandabear
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 8:42 am

Hyperlexian told me that I should recommend here either that images of female nipples be permitted on WrongPlanet, or that images of male nipples be prohibited, so as not to be sexist with regard to nipple display.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 9:04 am

pandabear wrote:
Hyperlexian told me that I should recommend here either that images of female nipples be permitted on WrongPlanet, or that images of male nipples be prohibited, so as not to be sexist with regard to nipple display.

No nudity is allowed here.

Bare male chests arent considered to be nudity and thats not a rule we made up thats how things are at most places(bare male chests dont count as nudity on movies...) feel free to start a thread on why bare male chests should be seen as nudity on PPR

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2012, 7:59 pm

Repping will further increase sychophantic two faced suck ups and high fiving amongst team bullies haranguing an opponent.... could be destructive here with mostly autistic members

The emergence of an in-crowd..... back slapping each other and then dissing outsiders with conflicting views?

Cultural engineering anyone??

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 11:31 am

I'd like a change to the formatting so that link text appears in a different colour (blue, perhaps). They just don't stand out. First time I found someone had put a link into their post was because they made it very clear that "this bit of text is a link".

I'd also like a penny to be sent to my PayPal account every time someone clicks on a WP link, but I don't think that one is likely. Blue links will do for now, thanks...

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

09 Mar 2012, 11:38 am

It can be done manually but it's a bit tedious.
See the BBCode formatting used for this link.
At the moment it's just easier to paste a URL as-is: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4459683.html#4459683

Maybe when the fabled upgrade arrives...
(stop sniggering at the back!)

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

Thom_Fuleri wrote:
I'd also like a penny to be sent to my PayPal account every time someone clicks on a WP link, but I don't think that one is likely. Blue links will do for now, thanks...

If we're wishing, how about you get a penny and I get a tenner. :D