For the love god, PLEASE STOP with the CAPTCHA.

Page 3 of 15 [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 5:07 am

Ugh, I did get a CAPTCHA this time in firefox too, but filling the CAPTCHA in correctly did get me through it for once.

FlanMaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 12:16 pm

This happens to me periodically.

I log out. go to about:blank to get away from the website. clear my private data completely (cache, browsing history, passwords, everything), log back in and that seems to resolve the problem.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2013, 5:03 pm

It happens to me too and is driving me mad. It doesn't do it with every post but it does it a lot.

I'm no good at reading the words with the crooked letters. Just now I didn't know if one was two ''I'''s together or a small ''n'', so I randomly typed anything just to jump on to the next word, which was luckily a little easier to read. How do Dyslexic people cope with this?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

17 Jul 2013, 6:25 pm

I got it a few times yesterday using Firefox. Absolutely loathe CAPTCHA and think it is unnecessary on this forum, haven't seen many spambots. Spambots are probably better dealt with during the registration process instead of after every post. Cloudfront seems to cause issues like this every few months for me, first time seeing CAPTCHA here.

Kuribo
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jul 2013, 7:45 pm

I've never had to enter a CAPTCHA when posting, although I'm occasionally redirected to a CloudFlare page and asked to enter one when making adjustments to my profile.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jul 2013, 8:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It happens to me too and is driving me mad. It doesn't do it with every post but it does it a lot.

I'm no good at reading the words with the crooked letters. Just now I didn't know if one was two ''I'''s together or a small ''n'', so I randomly typed anything just to jump on to the next word, which was luckily a little easier to read. How do Dyslexic people cope with this?
I'm getting them on FireFox & my droid. I have ar hard time with em too due to dylexia & low vision. I guess for the letters I'm not sure of & do it again if it's wrong. My post have been staying after they get posted thou. I understand that these things help prevent spambots but the spammers find ways around them. There should be a way to set it so new users get it more & the members who've reached a certain rank/post level quit getting them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 6:21 am

I've just had to wade through all that CloudFlare captcha crap too just to get access to the site and it took around 5 attempts. If I get hassled with much more, WP will be needing a new moderator / site admin because I'll be gone. I'll only put up with so much crap like that. CloudFlare sucks bad.

Max000
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 10:35 am

Another little secret, you only need to get one of the two words correct. The other word is just some random crap they are trying to make you decipher for free. For those who don't know how it works, watch this video.

That still doesn't change the fact, that CAPTCHA has no business being on a website designed for people who already have issues and don't need more. As others have pointed out it is discriminatory against people who have reading disorders, and will not be able to decipher the CAPTCHA. Which is probably more then a few users of this site.

This does not happen on other forums I post to.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ht4qiDRZE8[/youtube]

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 7:41 pm

I just had my first encounter with the WP Captcha today. Please make it stop, or at least configure the thing to bypass users with over 100 legitimate posts here. I have been a member here since 2005, and I have over 3000 posts, which should be sufficient to prove that I'm not using the forum to tell Wrong Planet about wy wonderful new debt reconsolidation scheme that not only improved my credit, but gave me DD cup breasts as well.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 9:07 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I've just had to wade through all that CloudFlare captcha crap too just to get access to the site and it took around 5 attempts. If I get hassled with much more, WP will be needing a new moderator / site admin because I'll be gone. I'll only put up with so much crap like that. CloudFlare sucks bad.

:(

I seem to have finally stumbled into Captcha H#ll as well. :?

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 11:34 pm

Pleaaaaase, I am begging you... just make it stop.... I have been being gangbanged by Captchas all evening and night.

Now I just got this.

Quote:
message_die() was called multiple times. This isn't supposed to happen. Was message_die() used in page_tail.php?

Seriously.... just.... what !?!?!?!?
What does this forum want from me ?
:cry:

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 11:36 pm

Oh,for the love of fuckanoodle .... I have to type both words into each Captcha for it to work, as well.
And it won't even tell me whether it's going to crap out on smilies or BBcode until after I decipher its one coherent words and whatever the hideous indecipherable smudge is next to it.

ETA : F*ckanoodle is a swearword ?
Really ? But... 8O I only just made it up !

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 11:44 pm

AUGH ! fuckitty sh*****g pastard of fucktardedness.
I swear this forum is deliberately winding me up now.

It just made me do three Captchas in a row when trying to make a post (not including the preview Captcha), then barfed this out -

Quote:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query database for theme info

Does this forum even *have* themes ?
If it does, then I'm not using anything special.

Then did the same thing, resulting in this -

Quote:
No post mode specified

(holds head and sobs uncontrollably)

But there is no posting mode... you just say you want to post... and that's it... what on earth does this forum expect of me ?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 11:46 pm

Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Oh,for the love of f**** .... I have to type both words into each Captcha for it to work, as well.
And it won't even tell me whether it's going to crap out on smilies or BBcode until after I decipher its one coherent words and whatever the hideous indecipherable smudge is next to it.

:lol: Those words catch on quicker than you'd think..
Now excuse me while I decipher my next code...

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 11:49 pm

And now it's "error in posting" ... this seems to be the only topic I can manage to battle through Captchas at all, so please excuse my little outburst in the previous post I made. In order to avoid stabbing myself to death in frustration I will go to bed now, and save all of the posts I was trying to make out to post tomorrow.

(>,<) PLEASE though.... for crying out loud, is there NO way to deal with all of these appalling glitches.... or at least make both of the Captcha words possible to read ; because I find that half the time they look like a sneeze instead of letters.

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2013, 11:50 pm

MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Ladywoofwoof wrote:
Oh,for the love of f**** .... I have to type both words into each Captcha for it to work, as well.

:lol: Those words catch on quicker than you'd think..
Now excuse me while I decipher my next code...

:lol: Haha !

I wish you good luck in your noble quest to defeat the evil Captcha infestation !