Completely new Wrong Planet designs to comment on!!

Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 2:32 pm

Agreed, having 4 or 5 themes and alternating colors (even if light gray-white) on forum posts would be helpful.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2013, 9:59 am

I very much prefer the way it is now. It's clear and easy to use. I don't like it when sites change. Like when they changed the BBC weather site about 2 years ago. I still can't get used to the new version and I long for the previous version. I will probably be the same with WP. :(

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 4:22 pm

keep the blue and green blue and green are calming colors

MyFutureSelfnMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:01 am

A consultant would probably tell you that the forum index page should be the front page of wrongplanet.net, and the articles should appear in a sidebar.

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2013, 11:58 pm

MyFutureSelfnMe wrote:
A consultant would probably tell you that the forum index page should be the front page of wrongplanet.net, and the articles should appear in a sidebar.

That would hurt the SEO of the site.

/forums.html has been the forum Index for years, unless you do internal Hackz0rs behind the scenes, for no real benefit, keep it the way it is (less design, clearly).

People who bookmark WP will continue to be able to visit from their bookmarks, and they will all still work.

Does that make sense ?

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2013, 5:14 pm

I like the new site but as a suggestion I would use more gray similar to what is on the top of the web site now to replace the over bright white problem.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

I agree that it's a bit bright, but other than that I like it! It looks much cleaner and easier to read and more professional - other than the alien logo, but I've already said my piece on that in an earlier thread.

Since aspies tend to dislike change I think it would be a good idea to announce this well in advance in GAD where many more people will read it. Most people probably don't visit this section often.

mmcool
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2013, 7:59 pm

way to bright.
please make it darker.

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2014, 11:48 am

Any updates from alex on this?

I came into WrongPlanet.net Discussion specifically for discussion on a site re-design. Any chance you want a free design helper, alex? I'd be happy to volunteer design or development.

I like the register/log-in box at the top, nice and bold. I'm kind of glad you kept the colors too. They are inherently bright, though, as the others here pointed out. Perfect choice on the ol' switcheroo of the logo and nav bar at the top.

Any chance you want to keep the logo to say, "WrongPlanet.net"? And the little description pertaining to being an online resource and community for Autism and Asperger's. ^_^

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2014, 5:05 pm

It looks like a good redesign, the only problem is the bright white background behind the text I think maybe a shading of green and blue color behind the text like the current forum has would improve it.

WhatHazard
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2014, 11:28 am

Like everyone else I think it looks great besides the fact that it has to much white space, please consider adding a more neutral background color for the forums at least it's very hard for me to focus on black text on white, or like some forums that let you pick your own theme once you log in, that would be an amazing option to have and have some of the options make the background of the posts a different color or alternating colors really help me keep track of posts for some reason.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2014, 9:50 pm

Too bright. Background needs to be 'other than white'. A nice clean site is good, but make it clear and simple without that much contrast.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2014, 12:19 am

TallyMan suggested that I post this here:

I know that this is almost definitely not going to be fixed, but this is a very annoying thing.

When you are doing a poll with radio buttons(the little dots next to the poll options), if you put <label> before the button and </label> after the poll option, the full text functions as a button and you can click on it to select that button. If you leave these out, people have to move their mouse(or their finger, if using a touch device) all of the way over to the left and click/tap on the dot. It takes drastically more effort to click that dot than it would take to click on the words.

Putting the poll options inside <label></label> tags would improve the functionality of this site and would make almost no noticeable change except to people who understand what I'm referring to.