Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 11:04 pm

I've seen a member here making a lot of one word posts. I'm not mentioning names, but posting one word is pointless. On most forums, posting one word posts is wrong and can end in a warning. What about WP? Can we make one word posts?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

31 Mar 2007, 11:18 pm

Thats a hard question for me to answer. I guess technically alot of one word posts may
be called spam by the TOS and hence a violation. But we would have to study each case
carefully before some action is taken. Like where its being posted(none random areas )and by what demographic(young very aspie verse much older highly functional).

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 11:19 pm

Heh. Or how about simply pasting what someone else says, without saying more? Frankly, things seem a little loose here as to spam-like issues.

BTW - CHIRP! is something that I primarily reserve for the welcoming threads. A friendly greeting which I know would brighten my day if I saw it. If that is what you are referring to.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2007, 11:55 pm

I see nothing wrong with one word posts as long as they are not in the more serious discussion threads. They do not harm anyone unless they are outright spamming. It is petty to make an issue of one word posts said in greeting or in any of the random topics.

HolidayonIce
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Apr 2007, 2:53 pm

Reminds me of a Rasta friend years ago in Santa Fe... very introverted despite jis very flamboyant appearance. When he understood AND agreed with what was being said his reply would simply be: "Seen." That constituted big time participation in the conversation for him.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 11:05 pm

I guess it isn't bad. I'm just used to getting in trouble for it, that's all.