WrongPlanet’s Pageview Count hits a Profound All-Time Low

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 7:09 pm

ylevental wrote:
http://www.autismdailynewscast.com/wrongplanet-pageview-count-hits-profound-time-low-due-lack-adaquate-autism-representation/26665/guest/ - This is where I meant it to be published

Alex - I might have sounded harsh. I understand that you started this site with good intentions. But there is no evidence that autistics have special talents that neurotypicals do not. If there was a place here where I could also question neurodiversity, that would be great and have me coming back more.

You are probably right about the pageviews (I have more hardware than software experience). Yet I would still like to see those stats. If you were right, wouldn't every site on quantcast be declining?? Autism Speaks is rapidly increasing. The_Walrus, the mod, has also agreed with me above that people are leaving (though his reasons are different). I still believe that this is the largest social place for those on the spectrum.

I have found that often the site takes forever or freezes when loading a new section, or post as well when I am trying to preview or submit a post. If what is happening to me is common, this will decrease page views.

A caveat, I do not visit The Heaven and Love and Dating. That these sections especially Love and Dating has apparently been allowed to be hostile for a lengthy period of time is an outrage. While most posters that are interested in Autism Politics probably are in the nuerodiverse camp I do not often see people with a mixed or pro cure view being denigrated or pressured to leave. I can't agree that the large problem suicide and suicide ideation of Autistics has been whitewashed. There are numerous posts everyday from depressed and suicidal posters and from what I have noticed they have been treated with understanding, and are given suggestions by people. Often these people have been bullied and denigrated and abused their in their home, school and adult life in addition to negative effects. It is natural if you have consistent abuse from people to see bullying even when it does not exist. A few posts usually cannot undo a life experience.

IMHO you are confusing disagreement as to why Autistics often have a negative life with whitewashing or ignoring the situation.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman