Seriously weird .... logged in as random user before login?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 2:52 pm

What happened:

I go to https://wrongplanet.net, and see at the top-right of the screen is the "My Account" link and the "Logout" button....which is bizarre because I haven't logged in yet. (And my browser will not keep me logged in after I quit.)

I try clicking on "Logout". Get an error message.

I try clicking on "My Account" -- I go to this page: https://wrongplanet.net/author/danch/.

I click on the "Forums" button and the top-right corner is normal -- offering the Login/Register box.

Love transcends all.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 3:03 pm

^^ I've been getting that a lot, in fact on triple occasions. What is going on with this, I don't get, after I've already been logged in. Its going to confuse a lot of people and their I.P's. Stupid really, I didn't believe that they would try and actually prevent more people from joining up. Preferring to keep a close network of friends seems to suit the current appeal.

They must all be using apple or something. It happens also when I post or try to edit a post.

FullMetalAspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Apr 2016, 5:04 pm

so weird its happed to me before I just quickly log out

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2016, 5:34 pm

The whole system has shut down and logged itself out, due to the wave of tidal hackers integrated here somewhere.

The trap is a silent one and is forcing the wind south instead of east. If they want a hurricane explosive to detonate somewhere on this island off the south coast they'd better brace themselves for an onslaught.

Unless of course its some of the mods having a laugh at us, because they've got nothing better to do.
This is me looking for ways to help clear the mess up, however, its pretty obvious that they're making sure no bugs are trafficking around the site looking for some malware to cling onto.

False hope is what's keeping them here. An explanation in future would be nice. As it is, the most annoying thing about it is, they can get through the captchas really easily can't they if they tried hard enough.

Hard to stay positive at this late stage of the night, but I'm sure they'll keep us guessing for temporary measure. :roll: