Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 8:27 pm

I hope you don't leave.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 6:33 pm

Ok...I've had quite enough. This forum is overrun with disrespectful behavior and I just do not see any reason why I should have to put up with any of this nonsense when I post here. I don't care if it's a "ban"...believe me I am going to do something really banworthy if you don't go ahead and close my account. I would rather just walk away, rather than burn several people with my scathing opinions of what is going on here.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 8:10 pm

Alrighty.

However, did you want my e-mail address in case you ever want to come back?

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 9:11 pm

No thanks, I'd like my account closed permanently.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 2:05 am

dianthus wrote:
No thanks, I'd like my account closed permanently.

I'm sorry you feel this way dianthus, but I totally understand. This place is a festering pile of bigotry lately and it's pretty disgusting. I might just flame out myself. There is no point trying to reason with deplorables, and this place is full of them and they're just getting louder and louder. I am a member of another online community and it is mostly women and I am embarrassed to admit I'm a member here when I talk to people there because of the reputation this place has and autistic men have because of this place and the tone of "discussion" it sets. I used to try to stick up for WP and say there is a growing population of women members, but so many women members end up leaving here (and so many more never do more than lurk because they are afraid to participate, to draw attention to themselves from all the hateful dudes waiting for the next available female to s**t on for being female or to tell us we're faking because women can't be autistic and we're all actually crazy b*****s) because of the toxic environment and I can't ignore that anymore.

f**k this place.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:13 am

Sorry to see you go Dianthus, best wishes for the future.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:26 am

I'm sorry you are leaving, hope you feel like coming back some time.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 2:16 pm

Your posts explained many things to me. I wish you well and thank you :heart:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:24 pm

Don't go dude , I don't even know if you like Elton or foxes :D

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:39 pm

Wait, why is dianthus wanting to leave?

I haven't been around much lately but did I miss something?

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 6:37 pm

Jono wrote:

One word: deplorables. They are all coming out of the woodwork, and it's happening in a lot of online communities, not just our own. They seem more numerable than they are because they are so loud and persistently hateful.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 7:18 pm

wilburforce wrote:
One word: deplorables. They are all coming out of the woodwork, and it's happening in a lot of online communities, not just our own. They seem more numerable than they are because they are so loud and persistently hateful.

Alternatively, it could be that she decided she had collected enough data to last a lifetime for her research project on "Lack of Self-Awareness in Online Communities."

There Are Four Lights!

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 7:48 pm

Jono wrote:

The usual crap that goes on here...it's just that I used to feel like I could talk back to people who were being jerks, which is fine with me because I know how to handle them, but NOW I feel like if I do that I'm going to be the one looked at as breaking the rules. Or else a bunch of jerk-apologists will show up talking about how we're supposed to be understanding and help educate them. Then seeing how moderators interact with other people who express opinions similar to mine really turns my stomach....sooooooo...under the current regime I feel like I can't be nicey-nice enough to post here anymore.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 7:56 pm

wilburforce wrote:
f**k this place.

AGREED and yeah this place is a cesspool. I wouldn't tolerate this sh!t in real life so why should I put up with it here.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:13 pm

Darmok wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

Alternatively, it could be that she decided she had collected enough data to last a lifetime for her research project on "Lack of Self-Awareness in Online Communities."

It's amazing how good you are at wording your personal insults just right so that you can sneak them in without appearing to break the rules of the forum. Did you take a class or is this an innate ability you have? What an enviable trait to possess. I am in awe.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 7:05 am

wilburforce wrote:
Darmok wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

It's amazing how good you are at wording your personal insults just right so that you can sneak them in without appearing to break the rules of the forum. Did you take a class or is this an innate ability you have? What an enviable trait to possess. I am in awe.

It is indeed amazing as I didn't see that post as an insult to the OP but as as an insult directed at the community. Maybe Im not getting the full picture as Im a noob and dont know anyone's history here.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard