Give us a god damn ignore funtion already!

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 12:30 pm

We need an ignore function for the ****ing trolls that this staff won't ban, god damnit!

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2016, 5:12 pm

Self control or user scripts are your options.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sitesea ... mirror.org

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2016, 12:48 pm

Screw self control. The administration here needs to do something about their god damn problems on this site.

Wrong Planet is the only website that I use without an ignore function.

I've watched as members have posted goodbye threads siting problems on this site as reasons why they are leaving. One of them not all that long ago.

I don't feel safe posting here any longer. Not when I come on here and see how hated I am on a daily basis by a couple f***ing trolls the staff should have dealt with long ago. The mods need to ban the f***ing hating trolls here, or give us an ignore function so we have the ability to avoid their god damn hatred.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Dec 2016, 10:24 am

If any posts break the site's rules then please feel free to report them. If that doesn't work then message a mod.

Agree that there should be an ignore function, but there isn't and we'll have to work what we've got until changes are made.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2016, 12:59 pm

I reported the piece of crap the other day with no results.

I no longer feel safe posting here.

I'm on the verge of forcing you to ban them or me. Their hate filled crap should have been dealt with ages ago. Just shows how piss poorly this f***ing site is ran.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 2:30 am

[quote="RoadRatt"]I no longer feel safe posting here. /quote]

What does this even mean?

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2016, 8:00 pm

Self control is the best option IMO.

Or learn some javascript, and you will be able to install a user script that removes user content on the client side.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2016, 12:12 pm

I came to this section because of the same problem in all the time I've been here. Someone purposely stalking me and harassing me. Probably to dissuade me from posting in a particular section. I'll keep reporting and try to ignore.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2016, 1:36 pm

There is either ignore or acknowledge, there is no try.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 1:52 am

EzraS wrote:
I came to this section because of the same problem in all the time I've been here. Someone purposely stalking me and harassing me. Probably to dissuade me from posting in a particular section. I'll keep reporting and try to ignore.

Never acknowledging them works well, you just have to remember that it's not the best and brightest who have the most time on their hands to post an infinite stream of garbage, and avoid wasting any energy on them.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 4:04 am

reports do not guarantee that action will be taken.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2016, 5:04 am

RoadRatt wrote:
Screw self control. The administration here needs to do something about their god damn problems on this site.

Wrong Planet is the only website that I use without an ignore function.

I've watched as members have posted goodbye threads siting problems on this site as reasons why they are leaving. One of them not all that long ago.

I don't feel safe posting here any longer. Not when I come on here and see how hated I am on a daily basis by a couple f***ing trolls the staff should have dealt with long ago. The mods need to ban the f***ing hating trolls here, or give us an ignore function so we have the ability to avoid their god damn hatred.

Their site, their rules. You shouldn't feel entitled to demand that they do anything.

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

03 Jan 2017, 2:44 pm

A lot of times an ignore function just stirs up trouble because few users will start announcing all the people they have on ignore as a bragging tactic and to insult other members. Personally I've never had a problem simply not reading posts from trolls.