That's Great! The bots on this forum!

Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2017, 8:53 am

I love how this site is so easily hackable and gets hacked but all of us Aspies already know it's a waste so they get 0 responses! LOL I love this site!

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 9:21 am

Indeed. So sad seeing the pathetic random capitalisation, the style of English and one knows it is a complete crock of Sierra Hotel Indigo Tango being peddled by some pathetic crook who can't even manage a 419 scam.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 9:28 am

What is all this spam garbage from various cities, primarily in Asia? It goes on forever. I hope somebody gets this stuff off. It's really annoying.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 11:28 am

It is the Baba Ji spam epidemic which occurs on many forums (especially vBulletin and similar ones) periodically. It's been going on for years. WP is just one of many random targets.

Perhaps there's a super genius in our midst who can contrive a permanent solution.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baba+ji ... bx5LCw3IvQ

enbalmed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 May 2017, 11:52 am

EzraS wrote:
It is the Baba Ji spam epidemic which occurs on many forums (especially vBulletin and similar ones) periodically. It's been going on for years. WP is just one of many random targets.

Perhaps there's a super genius in our midst who can contrive a permanent solution.

https://www.google.com/search?q=baba+ji ... bx5LCw3IvQ

The most recent spammer posted about 350 new topics in a couple of hours, surely a simple custom function to restrict the amount of topics that a brand new account can make would significantly reduce the damage -- I wonder does the bot circumvent flooding prevention already...

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 12:17 pm

Thanks to the mods against for removing babaji love guru's rubbish from the forum again.

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 May 2017, 2:13 pm

I trained my cordless phone (of course I have one wherever in the house there needs to be one etc...) to work for me. I turned off the answering machine to let people know I'm not home now (ring your head off... I either don't care or I'm not home or I'm not ready to talk yet) and when I'm home, I only pick up when I see the called ID and I only REALLY pick up when it's my mom or dad or other. And of course my phone also records every incoming and outgoing call etc... so naturally I *69 (which is feature my phone happens to have for free) and call the telemarketer back etc... and don't let them hang up until they promise I won't be called again etc... practically no one calls me but my mom, dad and other know I am always there for them if I'm home etc... It all works by itself with those I care about and they know it.

Rule 43.

teksla
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 2:22 pm

Anon_92 wrote:
I trained my cordless phone (of course I have one wherever in the house there needs to be one etc...) to work for me. I turned off the answering machine to let people know I'm not home now (ring your head off... I either don't care or I'm not home or I'm not ready to talk yet) and when I'm home, I only pick up when I see the called ID and I only REALLY pick up when it's my mom or dad or other. And of course my phone also records every incoming and outgoing call etc... so naturally I *69 (which is feature my phone happens to have for free) and call the telemarketer back etc... and don't let them hang up until they promise I won't be called again etc... practically no one calls me but my mom, dad and other know I am always there for them if I'm home etc... It all works by itself with those I care about and they know it.

Rule 43.

You don't "train" a phone, you install different programs/apps/tweaks (depending on phone OS) so that it, for example displays the caller ID of who is calling.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2017, 6:04 pm

Oh my God, those love baba ones have really changed my life, I read through every single one and each one was so interesting, and they have really improved my love life, I wonder who the genius is behind all those hundreds of love potion baba whatever threads!

I'm being sarcastic, by the way.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 1:45 am

enbalmed wrote:
The most recent spammer posted about 350 new topics in a couple of hours, surely a simple custom function to restrict the amount of topics that a brand new account can make would significantly reduce the damage -- I wonder does the bot circumvent flooding prevention already...

Considering how long they have been doing this, it wouldn't surprise me.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2017, 2:13 am

i was just a wee lad of 17 when i started having to despam this here forum.

many things have changed since then and this is not one of them. i guess it's nice to have SOME constants in life....

EzraS wrote:

i have always liked the idea of requiring initial posts (perhaps the first five, but no more than ten) by new users to recieve approval by mods/admins, with the intent of stopping it before it gets a chance to spread.

there is already a system in place that lets posts be approved, but AFAIK it hasn't been used since 2014 when this version of the site was new - a short lived glitch had ALL new posts by ALL users require confirmation.

i guess a problem would be figuring out how to "redirect" new posts in that way?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

enbalmed

19 May 2017, 8:44 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i was just a wee lad of 17 when i started having to despam this here forum.

many things have changed since then and this is not one of them. i guess it's nice to have SOME constants in life....

EzraS wrote:

i have always liked the idea of requiring initial posts (perhaps the first five, but no more than ten) by new users to recieve approval by mods/admins, with the intent of stopping it before it gets a chance to spread.

there is already a system in place that lets posts be approved, but AFAIK it hasn't been used since 2014 when this version of the site was new - a short lived glitch had ALL new posts by ALL users require confirmation.

i guess a problem would be figuring out how to "redirect" new posts in that way?

Start counting from the first topic posted on a new account, give a new user a max of 10 topics in their first 24 hours, if that's exceeded then that could trigger a shadowban (all users posts / topics become invisible). User gets a notification that they've exceeded the 10 posts, and an instruction to contact the admin for review.

This has the added benefit of allowing passive moderation for the babaji dross, while allowing real users to request the review.

harry12345
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2017, 12:15 pm

I've only ever seen one forum over run with threads like those that keep appearing here. That only happened the once.

To see it here twice in two days is not good. It makes me reluctant to visit.

Some one should do something to stop all these multi posts by spammers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2017, 10:22 am

Stupid f*****g spam s**t why post 100 threads of the s**t at once for? :x

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 May 2017, 3:18 pm

Looks to be that we have our own real life love guru now , Babaji .

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 May 2017, 4:02 pm

I use Report on as many of those things as I can - but what effect does that have? I guess Report can't remove it from the screen but I wish it did.