Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Floundering
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Nov 2017, 8:57 pm

Come on then, lets have it out here.

The way you have all behaved tonight is disgusting, i'm actually glad this has happened.

Justify.

Floundering

24 Nov 2017, 9:00 pm

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Nov 2017, 8:16 am

As I understand it, the situation is as follows:

- You made some comments about wanting to start a sort of commune for autistic people in the UK
- Another user expressed some interest
- You said that in the past you've been accused of starting cults, and that it wasn't safe for you to talk about these things publicly - anyone who wanted to discuss them should PM you
- The other user said that this was a bit suspicious and they weren't prepared to risk contacting you, and apologised if their suspicions were incorrect
- You said:

Quote:
Wow. What the actual f**k. Good luck pal, I don't want anything to do with YOU, what sort of an a***hole does that to someone?

- You received a warning from XFilesGeek because she judged this to be a personal attack.
- You spammed the forums with angry posts about XFilesGeek, which were deleted.

Would you consider that a fair characterisation of what happened?

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2017, 10:00 pm

Floundering wrote:
Come on then, lets have it out here.

The way you have all behaved is disgusting, i'm actually glad this has happened.

I'm not that much concerned, but then remembered its an autistic forum mostly run by female Aspie moderators.
Don't say anything about them or speak solely on gender issues, it doesn't go down well and an attack seems imminent even when it never was, no point in locating the usual offenders here either, as they will be supported in case of further issues later on down the line.
Have I managed to stamp out some if any of it? yes, but standing up for your sex is never easy, and defending your intellect around here, is much, much harder than you think. Not too bad if you've got a valid point, but reflecting on it is usually easier said than done by people from people with a character mindset.
However.. don't worry, I and many others will support you. Just listen to what I said and you'll be fine.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2017, 9:00 pm

Have to admit, reading The Walrus' summary of the events that transpired made me laugh way more than it should.
I could've easily mistook it for an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm if Larry were Autistic.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2017, 4:13 am