Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 11:03 am

Why isn't there a men's subforum on WP? Men have things they need to discuss as well. It's not just women who have gender related things to talk about.

Kanye West 2024

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 11:12 am

Actually, there was one (c.2007?), but it got removed because it was abused (i.e., rampant misogyny and "incel"-like rants against women) and that was the end of it.  The women's forum stayed because the discussions there are almost always sensible and fact-based.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 12:56 pm

If I had a quid for the number of times this has been asked on WP, I'll be very rich by now.

It's odd how there's no longer a men's forum but there's a PPR forum.

But usually there's separate sources on women on the spectrum, so it makes sense to have a women's forum, and I have no issue with men posting in the women's forum. In fact I find it quite cute.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper Pets: Cats and Ducks

30 Jun 2020, 1:05 pm

I almost accidently replied to the ladies forum. The question was asked if one was scared of getting pregnant. I was going to write "Yes, very!" :D

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 1:05 pm

...Again?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 1:12 pm

Joe90 wrote:
... It's odd how there's no longer a men's forum but there's a PPR forum...
Not really ... I guess it's kinda like outdoor bathrooms; men can go practically anywhere in the woods to do their business, but women need a clearly-defined place where they can feel safe.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 2:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Actually, there was one (c.2007?), but it got removed because it was abused (i.e., rampant misogyny and "incel"-like rants against women) and that was the end of it.  The women's forum stayed because the discussions there are almost always sensible and fact-based.

Women’s forum was the rallying point of a movement to ban most men from wp.
Any woman who wants to complain about men or make sexist feminist changes on wp posts in women’s section, cause 1. Most men don’t bother to read thst. section, 2. They aren’t really supposed to post if they do read.
Yet despite this, the problem makers were banned and the women’s section remained up.

So in 2007 some men were banned and then the mods deemed all men guilty for their crimes and removed the men’s section.
Equality at its best.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 2:27 pm

Joe90 wrote:
If I had a quid for the number of times this has been asked on WP, I'll be very rich by now.

It's odd how there's no longer a men's forum but there's a PPR forum.

But usually there's separate sources on women on the spectrum, so it makes sense to have a women's forum, and I have no issue with men posting in the women's forum. In fact I find it quite cute.

Separate sources?

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 3:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Not really ... I guess it's kinda like outdoor bathrooms; men can go practically anywhere in the woods to do their business, but women need a clearly-defined place where they can feel safe.

That's an interesting observation, quite smart actually, there's hope for you yet :wink:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:29 pm

Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

That's an interesting observation, quite smart actually, there's hope for you yet :wink:

Men poop as well... :wink:

Quote:
Separate sources?

I couldn't think of a better way to word it.
A lot of women on the spectrum complain that there aren't enough information or sources about autism in women, so having a section specially for autistic women seems quite convenient.

Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2020, 4:36 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Men poop as well... :wink:

It's true, we have a long standing, proud tradition of logging.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2020, 1:52 am

viewtopic.php?t=153669

There’s a sticky for “men’s discussion” in the Random Posting section.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2020, 11:23 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I almost accidently replied to the ladies forum. The question was asked if one was scared of getting pregnant. I was going to write "Yes, very!" :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 1:18 am

Most women don’t mind it if you reply, provided the reply is respectful.

And you don’t reply to a thread about something which is solely in the domain of women.

Kiprobalhato
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Jul 2020, 2:49 am

i'm surprised you're the one who is asking it this time, sweet pea, considering you've been here since the beginning...when there used to be one.

:)

this question always gets asked and the answer is always as follows:

Fnord wrote:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2020, 3:24 am

Mountain Goat wrote:

:mrgreen:

Me too! 8O

And one more thing,

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

THERE WILL BE NO COUP IN AMERICA!