Page 31 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 162  Next

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 8:53 pm

Deepthought 7 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
magz wrote:
Can someone explain to me, what are you so angry about? I gather, it's something from other threads?

If you gave a reference to that which you were referring ~ the person in question would be in a better position than anyone else to answer your question perhaps magz?

You plural. Everyone engaged in the heated exchange.

Well, I'm a bit frustrated that several posters seem to be begging the mods to punish me for speaking my opinion.

I am myself not at all interested in you insulting anyone or as such making yourself into mod~fodder, because I would much rather you stated your opinions respectfully and informatively ~ I mean it is obvious you have excellent reasoning skills but the other stuff just does them no favours and obscures them. :(

Follow the rules dude and help make both the present and the future of Wrong Planet better, I mean it is not like you have not got the talent or anything is it? :D

If someone insists on stepping on your toes repeatedly and intentionally, how many polite corrections do you owe them before a violent shove is the most appropriate response?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 8:56 pm

Your problem is you aren't sly enough. Learn to be artful with a victim narrative and pandering outwardly and all goes well.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 8:57 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
magz wrote:
Can someone explain to me, what are you so angry about? I gather, it's something from other threads?

If you gave a reference to that which you were referring ~ the person in question would be in a better position than anyone else to answer your question perhaps magz?

Well, I'm a bit frustrated that several posters seem to be begging the mods to punish me for speaking my opinion.

I am myself not at all interested in you insulting anyone or as such making yourself into mod~fodder, because I would much rather you stated your opinions respectfully and informatively ~ I mean it is obvious you have excellent reasoning skills but the other stuff just does them no favours and obscures them. :(

Follow the rules dude and help make both the present and the future of Wrong Planet better, I mean it is not like you have not got the talent or anything is it? :D

If someone insists on stepping on your toes repeatedly and intentionally, how many polite corrections do you owe them before a violent shove is the most appropriate response?

A violent shove should never be seen as an appropriate responce.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 8:58 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
Your problem is you aren't sly enough. Learn to be artful with a victim narrative and pandering outwardly and all goes well.

Can I hug you? You managed to get the first laugh of the day out of me on a day I was pretty sure wasn't going to contain any.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm

'We must never forget that human motives are generally

far more complicated than we are apt to suppose,

and that we can very rarely accurately describe the motives of another.'

Fyodor Dostoyevsky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 8:59 pm

Brictoria wrote:
A violent shove should never be seen as an appropriate responce.

Try stepping on people's toes for real and see how long until somebody responds appropriately. :wink:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 9:10 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:

Can I hug you? You managed to get the first laugh of the day out of me on a day I was pretty sure wasn't going to contain any.

It wasnt a joke. You remind me of my brother Mustafa as I must have stated before- and this really is what his problem is. He always got in trouble or was viewed as trouble-maker though if you untangled any conflict that was at the centre of it- varying motives and interpretations--usually neither person was wrong but totally unsuitex to each other in temperament -

but he was too straightforward +feels things deeply so he conducted himself with the same boldness..

The comparative softness of the others...

Not a good situation.

He was advised by mom and dad to try to be like this in different words..

which he can't do ...

It Sounds like a weasel-like way to live.

but he did change in a good way somehow... Restraint..

Maybe since he knows the basis of getting along

is not honesty as u see it

but being mild-mannered and translating/ saying things
in a roundabout way

rather than the bold blunt way he thinks..

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 9:13 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Ignoring them is also an option and takes much less energy. Especially when your interactions with them go round-and-round in circles and don't make any leeway. At that point you're just wasting precious ATP, which you don't have to do, especially on the internet. No one has asked you to start toe-stepping back or shoving anyone and it's not really your job to.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 9:15 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
blooiejagwa wrote:

It wasnt a joke. You remind me of my brother Mustafa as I must have stated before- and this really is what his problem is. He always got in trouble or was viewed as trouble-maker though if you untangled any conflict that was at the centre of it- varying motives and interpretations--usually neither person was wrong but totally unsuitex to each other in temperament -

but he was too straightforward +feels things deeply so he conducted himself with the same boldness..

The comparative softness of the others...

Not a good situation.

He was advised by mom and dad to try to be like this in different words..

which he can't do ...

It Sounds like a weasel-like way to live.

but he did change in a good way somehow... Restraint..

Maybe since he knows the basis of getting along

is not honesty as u see it

but being mild-mannered and translating/ saying things
in a roundabout way

rather than the bold blunt way he thinks..

I knew it wasn't a joke, but there was a (potentially unintended) wordplay that got me. Thank you for your empathy above all.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 9:15 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Ignoring them is also an option and takes much less energy. Especially when your interactions with them go round-and-round in circles and don't make any leeway. At that point you're just wasting precious ATP, which you don't have to do, especially on the internet. No one has asked you to start toe-stepping back or shoving anyone and it's not really your job to.

If one doesn't establish and maintain boundaries one will be walked all over.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 9:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

If one doesn't establish and maintain boundaries one will be walked all over.

And what about when people continue to walk all over you? What if someone doesn't care about boundaries or punches or rude words, and will continue to do as they please? Sadly, you can't control everyone and sometimes ignoring them is the best option for yourself, especially when they can't physically mess with you like online. Your boundaries here start at the computer screen and you can skip over someone's posts to keep them out of your boundary.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 9:33 pm

How are you only 18 with such advice?? Perhaps the numbers were flipped by accident and you are 81??

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 10:13 pm

Brictoria wrote:
One of the biggest problems is the pavlovian "you're a white supremecist" posts that pop up when someone posts anything which challenges\goes against the beliefs of some member(s), yet when pressed for an explanation for this personal attack, the only responce is that the attacker won't give details as to what was wrong as "they have pointed it out too often".

So, in addition to attacking the poster, they are also refusing any chance for the victim to defend themselves as well as failing to "educate" other people (new or old members) who may have only just come across the posts.

If someone can take the time to attack a member in such a way, they should also take the time to also explain WHAT the reasoning behind the attack was (which should have instead been addressed to what was posted, not the person posting it). If they don't feel like explaining their "reasoning" for the attack, then they should not post any reply.

The best way to push people to actions\beliefs\opinions\etc. you do not like is to attack\bully them for things they say or do rather than trying to educate them.

The best way to deal with people on this website is to follow the rules which does not involve attacking or bullying anyone ~ as rule number 2 clearly and specifically states:

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

Personally I focus purely on the written content of people's posts and make inquiries with them about what they mean, and if they are not following the rules I explain why they have broken them along with the rule or rules in question. When it went past the polite warning/s stage I then warned them that antisocial behaviour was not permitted whilst prosocial behaviour was expected, and they would be or had been reported. Sometimes it was just a case of someone needing to vent off and have a seriously long and highly technical Aspertechian debate, and other times it was a case of dealing with Trolls until the actual mods blocked and banned them.

For the vast majority of people though it is just a case of reporting the offensive behaviour by way of either firstly) tapping or clicking the Report tab at the bottom right (-->) of the offending post and choosing the appropriate indicator for the problem and if inclined writing about what is wrong; secondly) reporting it on the MODERATOR ATTENTION thread ~ giving a brief outline of the problem and the thread title and or link, or thirdly) on the same thread use Private Messaging to the Moderators if it is a more urgent matter.

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2020, 11:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
magz wrote:

Well that is the problem as such thinking obstructs your ability to apply balanced reasoning in order that your 'toes' are never in a position to be stood on, and the most appropriate response is one that leaves you in no position to become mod-fodder either. As I stated and others have recognised too, you have talent, so learn more to use it and let the strength of which empower you to make your point respectfully and informatively with increasing support.

If though you find yourself getting wound up and hostile, take a break ~ and breath gently and deeply as if your lungs are in your pelvis, and with each inhalation feel as if you are sucking your feet to the floor, and with each exhalation imagine as if you are rooting your feet into the ground. This breathing exercise can also be done whilst walking and running, and whilst as such doing imagine you are doing so on a treadmill, and you will find that your ability to walk or run will be metabolically improved. It is technique free-divers, runners and athletes of all sorts use and can also help to manage meltdowns, shut-ins and seizures.

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2020, 12:28 am

blooiejagwa wrote:
When someone is repeatedly targeting someone -another member no matter who- by NAME no less-

and maybe gangs up with another-- and this discourse ---

which I consider a downright sly form of bullying is tolerated by those who should know better..

Basically you have accused at least two people in particular of ganging up on someone when it has been a day of trying to resolve these issues with a number of people ~ so as such you have not followed the second community rule which states:

2. Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

blooiejagwa wrote:
I have no issue being forthright even if construed as rude --
to such if it will shut them up. Or see a point of view outside of their narrative, which may be a form of autistic perseveration in the moment.

We each have the freedom of expression like as if a driving license which entitles us to follow the highway code ~ as in terms of respecting everyone's sense and sensibilities when we come to put our feelings and thoughts into words here.

blooiejagwa wrote:
And I know of several things I've seen here over the years particularly some real slander and slurs-

and that's how you lose gorgeous Angels like Isabella who I've not seen since I resumed coming here and can guess why.

Hence the purpose of this thread being to discuss ways and means to make the Wrong Planet website of forums better and thus supportive for everyone ~ whether they be past, present or future members.

Your compliance is as much appreciated as it is universally required. Thankyou everyone. :heart:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Aug 2020, 12:34 am

:( :D[/quote]

If though you find yourself getting wound up and hostile, take a break ~ and breath gently and deeply as if your lungs are in your pelvis, and with each inhalation feel as if you are sucking your feet to the floor, and with each exhalation imagine as if you are rooting your feet into the ground. This breathing exercise can also be done whilst walking and running, and whilst as such doing imagine you are doing so on a treadmill, and you will find that your ability to walk or run will be metabolically improved. It is technique free-divers, runners and athletes of all sorts use and can also help to manage meltdowns, shut-ins and seizures.[/quote]

This is great advice. Thanks.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/