Page 117 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 162  Next

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Aug 2020, 12:08 am

Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=388536

Is this the thread that has everyone so riled up?

There's likely more than one, this has been a point of contention for years, even in the era BT. :lol:

BT = Before Trump I assume?

Has Sly ever actually supported white nationalist groups verbally? Are his responses meant as a critique to how some people perceive 'the Left' to be pure.

Sly I think this would be a good time to explain your point of view carefully and calmly as you can.

He used the N word in this thread.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:14 am

alex wrote:

I just saw your last post. Yes I do remember that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:18 am

alex wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

There's likely more than one, this has been a point of contention for years, even in the era BT. :lol:

Has Sly ever actually supported white nationalist groups verbally? Are his responses meant as a critique to how some people perceive 'the Left' to be pure.

Sly I think this would be a good time to explain your point of view carefully and calmly as you can.

Where did he say that?

I am not reading 116 pages to find it.

Also, do you have the ability to read posts before they were even edited?

I saw he had edited many of his posts in this thread.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Last edited by League_Girl on 23 Aug 2020, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:20 am

Feyokien wrote:

Nope.
First time I saw it, so you can't say "everyone". 8)

Interesting that Sly never explained his intentions on why he posted that picture.
There was some heavy-handed assumptions, tho.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Aug 2020, 12:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
alex wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

Where did he say that?

he equated people calling him a white supremacist with people calling black people the n word, but he wrote it out

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:23 am

alex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
alex wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

Where did he say that?

he equated people calling him a white supremacist with people calling black people the n word, but he wrote it out

Ah I see, I missed that.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:31 am

Brictoria wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
alex wrote:
People in america are marching with confederate flags and saying they're not white supremacists but it's literally what the flag stands for. It stands for the nation created by traitors who seceded from the union because they wanted to be allowed to own black people as slaves.

So it's pretty clear that this is nothing like McCarthyism where people were just accused of being secret communist sympathizers. People are literally out in the streets carrying flags that stand for these things...

And yet on this site, people are being labelled "white supremecist" for saying something another member does not agree with - no flags waved, no explanation provided - just a pavlovian "you're a [white supremecist\racist\bigot\...]" in responce to something that they disagree with - And this has been ongoing here for months, leading to many members leaving, and the impression any potential member of the site would have of this being a place where diversity of thought was not wanted, and only those who held certain beliefs were wanted.

If you're expressing sympathy for the guys with the flags you don't need a flag of your own and I don't need to explain that to you 30 times before you complain about a personal attack and try to have me banned.

Seriously, you don't get to treat me speaking the literal truth as a personal attack because you don't like the truth.

And yet, even when I haven't expressed sympathy for them, this sort of response still happens...

And this is what anyone on the site with a view that differs from those on the left (or who tries to clarify details of some issue) experiences, and has been experiencing for many months...What those on the left believe is "the literal truth", and any other opinion (and those who hold them) must be removed as a "heresy".

I have experienced the same. EEP! 8O

Last edited by envirozentinel on 23 Aug 2020, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.: lynching reference removed

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:35 am

alex wrote:

Honestly I'm surprised that didn't get scrubbed until now. I didn't even think to mention it to a mod, thought they would have covered it. :oops:

That is a racial slur that evokes a very troubling past leading into the present. I don't agree with Sly's political stances or his methods, but I just spoke with my wife a little and she reminded me of Sly's history. He's had a really rough time in life by his own account (which is all we can go off of). He describes himself as a centrist (I think or others do?) who has be mistreated by 'liberals' in his life and accepted by 'conservatives'. He seems to trust right wing news sources more. I'm not sure he endorses hate groups even though his actions could be interpreted that way. The problem may be poor choices of 'attack' (i.e. posting a picture of an armed group of black americans)/lack of communication and people 'pouncing on him'. I'm not sure though, and I don't know the full history of this long ongoing feud.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Aug 2020, 12:37 am

Feyokien wrote:
alex wrote:

Honestly I'm surprised that didn't get scrubbed until now. I didn't even think to mention it to a mod, thought they would have covered it. :oops:

That is a racial slur that evokes a very troubling past leading into the present. I don't agree with Sly's political stances or his methods, but I just spoke with my wife a little and she reminded me of Sly's history. He's had a really rough time in life by his own account (which is all we can go off of). He describes himself as a centrist (I think or others do?) who has be mistreated by 'liberals' in his life and accepted by 'conservatives'. He seems to trust right wing news sources more. I'm not sure he endorses hate groups even though his actions could be interpreted that way. The problem may be poor choices of 'attack' (i.e. posting a picture of an armed group of black americans)/lack of communication and people 'pouncing on him'. I'm not sure though and I don't know the full history.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:41 am

alex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
alex wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

Where did he say that?

That isn't evidence of racism.
That was him making a point politically incorrectly.

He was simply using an analogy. :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:46 am

Feyokien wrote:
That is a racial slur that evokes a very troubling past leading into the present.

Please explain how it was racist?
He was using an analogy unwisely.
It was a mistake, but not racism.

I seriously want to know why you can't see this, or where my thinking is incorrect.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:47 am

Pepe wrote:
alex wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
alex wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

Where did he say that?

That isn't evidence of racism.
That was him making a point politically incorrectly.

He was simply using an analogy. :wink:

I didn't see the post but I still wouldn't even say the word nor even write it out. :|

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:47 am

alex wrote:
Feyokien wrote:

I hadn't seen that but it does appear pretty damning. I also looked through sly's history and just scrolling through the first few pages, saw he even used the N word in this thread (although misspelled so it slipped through the filters).

This is pretty damning and now I feel sort of silly for engaging with him when it's pretty evident that there's no question that he's racist. And this is not an insult, I'm just saying that when you're not black, using the N word is generally universally seen as racist.

Excuse me? If it’s the photo of black milita I posted that cause the people for them were all against white militia so it wa part of my plan to call out their hypocrisy which never got to do as I shut down.That thread is one of many anti miltia threads, yet they pro milita when it’s black people. That makes them hypocritical or racist. Or maybe both.

Only issue I’ve got with that black milita was some of them pointing guns at people which breaks gun safety rules. But they got called out on it by their leadership. Point is if milita upset you then why doesn’t a black milita upset you?

I’ve never used n world other then as example about racism. I’d suggest you go talk to your mods who are actual active on the sever before you go around listening to known problem caused and bully.

Last edited by sly279 on 23 Aug 2020, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:48 am

Also he must have edited it because I can't find it when I looked and he has many edited posts in this thread. I assume Alex has the ability to see posts unedited after them being edited by the user or mod or admin. I have been keeping up with this thread and following it and I didn't see it so he must have edited it before I could even read it.

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Aug 2020, 12:49 am

I'm going to say that writing out the N word is unequivocally racist. And your comment, while not as blatant, is pretty bad too.

Last edited by envirozentinel on 23 Aug 2020, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.: the word was edited out

alex
Developer
Developer

23 Aug 2020, 12:50 am

League_Girl wrote:
Also he must have edited it because I can't find it when I looked and he has many edited posts in this thread. I assume Alex has the ability to see posts unedited after them being edited by the user or mod or admin. I have been keeping up with this thread and following it and I didn't see it so he must have edited it before I could even read it.

i screenshot it