Page 152 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 162  Next

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:21 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Removed upon request

Isabella :heart:

I'm sorry it has come to this.

Insensitive remarks from mods/owners appear to be the norm now.

Last edited by Oh_no_its_Ferris on 25 Aug 2020, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:21 am

(My prev post was not to state that I am void of bullishness
Or am guiltless of being an 18 wheeler trucker blasting to all hell and back their horn.

...just that its confusing when such is explained to me

as it mixes with times of actual gaslighting or being misinterpreted and not knowing the lines as the lines keep changing and from person to person ..

So unsure whats certain. All stated to work out -inductive reasoning as KK said--aspects of our issues here)..

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:25 am

Sorry to read that ... What save ferris quoted.. Wont quote it myself as feel it's crossing a line fr me to say more

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:45 am

Fnord wrote:
Let me try a few of these sweeping generalizations ...

• "All successful people lied, cheated, and stole their way to the top."

• "All neurotypicals are shallow, vain, and lacking in empathy for others."

• "All smart people derive great pleasure from making others look stupid."

• "All people in relationships are that way only because of luck, not attractiveness."

• "All employed people are hired and/or promoted only because of luck, not skill or ability."

I have read these, or variations of these, on this website, and no one has been banned for saying them.  So how far should bigotry be prosecuted?  Is it only women and minorities that should enjoy the benefits of anti-bigotry laws or rules?  Should sweeping generalizations be banned as well?  How about other fallacies of reason?

That's actually a good question for an aspie forum. I can see why some would find it difficult to draw a line.

The reason that sweeping statements are picked up on as not being allowed is when they are against the vulnerable.

They are not acted in by mods because they are falacies, but because they further entrench prejudice against vulnerable groups who need protected, who have suffered injustice in general at the hands of mainstream society.

Hope that makes sense.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 10:51 am

hurtloam wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Let me try a few of these sweeping generalizations ...

• "All successful people lied, cheated, and stole their way to the top."

• "All neurotypicals are shallow, vain, and lacking in empathy for others."

• "All smart people derive great pleasure from making others look stupid."

• "All people in relationships are that way only because of luck, not attractiveness."

• "All employed people are hired and/or promoted only because of luck, not skill or ability."

I have read these, or variations of these, on this website, and no one has been banned for saying them.  So how far should bigotry be prosecuted?  Is it only women and minorities that should enjoy the benefits of anti-bigotry laws or rules?  Should sweeping generalizations be banned as well?  How about other fallacies of reason?
That's actually a good question for an aspie forum. I can see why some would find it difficult to draw a line.  The reason that sweeping statements are picked up on as not being allowed is when they are against the vulnerable.  They are not acted in by mods because they are fallacies, but because they further entrench prejudice against vulnerable groups who need protected, who have suffered injustice in general at the hands of mainstream society.  I hope that makes sense.
It does.  Example...

"Oh, 'all aspies are stupid' is not a hateful statement; that's just a fallacy of reason, and it will be treated as such!"

Yeah ... I've seen it happen ...

:evil:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Aug 2020, 11:02 am

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Removed upon request

Isabella :heart:

I'm sorry it has come to this.

Insensitive remarks from mods/owners appear to be the norm now.

Thanks for digging it up!

I think (I know I repeat myself and I'm sorry for it), the whole situation stemmed from collision of two very powerful triggers: race issue and personal PTSD.
We should do what we can to avoid making it a "my trigger counts and yours doesn't" exchange and to learn ways to avoid triggering or dismissing either one.

PS: I admire FXE's ability to step back and see how his words could be interpreted as hurtful despite no such intention of him. We need more of this!

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 11:33 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I have an idea, which I've stated before but I will state again in the interest of supporting Wrong Planet.

Can we please agree that the racial issues caused considerable divide, as well as considerable opportunity for this site to address key problems, and move toward a better future?

Can we please agree to put any tensions behind us, wipe the slate clean so to speak, and try again?
I
[spoil]'m not saying that to dismiss anyone, or to negate the serious subject matter at hand, but I think everyone has aired their concerns and I hope we can all move forward, agreeing that racial or supremacist ideology is not allowed, rule breaks of any hurtful nature should be reported privately for moderation, and we won't continue calling people out or fighting about the past?
[/spoil]I would encourage having no hard feelings toward anyone, or avoiding people politely if you simply must, for the sake of WP.

Bolded for emphasis
Spoilers of still-relevant stuff, added to emphasize bolded part (if not allowed let me know n sorry)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 11:42 am

magz wrote:
I think (I know I repeat myself and I'm sorry for it), the whole situation stemmed from collision of two very powerful triggers: race issue and personal PTSD.
We should do what we can to avoid making it a "my trigger counts and yours doesn't" exchange and to learn ways to avoid triggering or dismissing either one.

The original incident with a mod did involve trigger vs trigger, and it was resolved amicably two months ago with private dialogue between myself and the mod team. Those conversations were confidential and highly personal. That's why I was shocked to see the comments of a second mod, on 24 August 2020, both belittling and flaming the incident, and making light of my PTSD as something that "makes no sense whatsoever". It was a needless and patronising comment, involving a breach of confidentiality and poor judgement. It was not a trigger vs trigger situation.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 11:57 am

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Sorry but I don't have the energy to explain in detail what covert bullying and it's many forms are but if you are a victim of it eventually you will be mentally affected by it , you are sometimes the last to know that it is happening.

If you are genuinely interested , there are numerous articles that could explain it better than I could.

Editted out .

where ever you go ,there you are

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Aug 2020, 12:01 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
magz wrote:

The original incident with a mod did involve trigger vs trigger, and it was resolved amicably two months ago with private dialogue between myself and the mod team. Those conversations were confidential and highly personal. That's why I was shocked to see the comments of a second mod, on 24 August 2020, both belittling and flaming the incident, and making light of my PTSD as something that "makes no sense whatsoever". It was a needless and patronising comment, involving a breach of confidentiality and poor judgement. It was not a trigger vs trigger situation.

I was referring to Sly vs FXE as "trigger versus trigger".
When it comes to concerns of yourself, I know far too little to form any opinion. I have no idea why Skilp showed such an insensitivity. Maybe there was some trigger or bias of them that created a blind spot. I honestly don't know.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm

Jakki wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Sorry but I don't have the energy to explain in detail what covert bullying and it's many forms are but if you are a victim of it eventually you will be mentally affected by it , you are sometimes the last to know that it is happening.

If you are genuinely interested , there are numerous articles that could explain it better than I could.

Editted out .

Also editted out :P

Jakki I get the feeling from some of your recent posts you are starting to question your opinions , you appear to be self censoring to avoid a backlash. I could be wrong , I often am. But please , if you are doing this , don't , everyone's opinion here is valid especially in this thread.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 12:31 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:

Editted out .

Jakki I get the feeling from some of your recent posts you are starting to question your opinions , you appear to be self censoring to avoid a backlash. I could be wrong , I often am. But please , if you are doing this , don't , everyone's opinion here is valid especially in this thread.

Grr,,, GRR...GRRRRR........Growlzzzzz ....... @ inciteful Avatars. .........Jakki starting biting At her coffee table ,removing
Large chunks of wood in every single bite ....bite,, buhbite biteful bites . Signs , whew glad I got that outta my system .

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 12:32 pm

Jakki wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:

Editted out .

Grr,,, GRR...GRRRRR........Growlzzzzz ....... @ inciteful Avatars. .........Jakki starting biting At her coffee table ,removing
Large chunks of wood in every single bite ....bite,, buhbite biteful bites . Signs , whew glad I got that outta my system .

:lol: feel better?

someone has removed my hateful anti racist avatar - I didn't

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 12:36 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
interesting. wonder what would happen if you put it back?

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm

Steve1963 wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
interesting. wonder what would happen if you put it back?

Well I got banned on AF , for doing that , lets test the theory

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 12:40 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
Jakki wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:

Editted out .

:lol: feel better?

Durn it. Now I gotta loose tooth :mrgreen: , thankyou I do feel better . Crud. Now need a new coffee table too now.
Hopefully for the sake of my now Poor 3 legged table . It doesn’t come back too soon :arrow: :evil: