Page 11 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 162  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 4:17 am

I do agree that we may sometimes use poorly chosen words or phrasing that can be subject to ambiguity or misunderstanding. And also, many of us tend to seek a literal interpretation, or take words at face value.

For example even though I don't take a term like "raining cats and dogs" (among many others) literally, such phrases still create literal imagery in my creative mind.

It is important to substantiate one's belief that a post breaks rule/s or is unacceptable.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 9:29 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
What is it that Fnord does that so many people find to be so very objectionable? I've been here for more than 5 years now and read plenty of his posts, and don't think I've ever seen him post anything worthy of this sort of persistent and unilateral exception-taking. I could name several members whose presense on these boards is significantly less constructive than Fnords is.

He's dismissive of people. There's been a few times I've stepped in and told him to let the OP express themselves. No question is a stupid question.

As soon as someone starts a thread he's in there telling them they're stupid. I can imagine that puts off new members who just want to talk. He's very condescending.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 9:36 am

Here's a question. To all of you saying, "but we're just misunderstood aspies", Why do you think
www.autismforums.com doesn't have these issues? A lot of us have migrated over there. It's a much nicer place.

I really think Wrong Planet has had its day and it's time to end it.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 9:45 am

^Not interested. Just went there and temporarily locked out as after all this time I can't recall my password. Then some stupid Captcha wants me to tick off bicycles and what not, and takes me in circles.

my blog:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 9:51 am

The good on WrongPlanet far outweighs the bad.

Most of the “bad” occurs in the political, news, and Love and Dating subforums. These should be the focus of more focused moderation.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 9:53 am

^Honestly not the slightest bit interested in Autism Forums. I was a member there a few years ago but it's too difficult to register or log in. They need to make it simpler. If there's anything I can't stand it's Captcha because even when you tick the right boxes, more and more boxes keep popping up.

To create a successful autism website/forums, one must have a friendly interface.

my blog:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 9:55 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^Not interested. Just went there and temporarily locked out as after all this time I can't recall my password. Then some stupid Captcha wants me to tick off bicycles and what not, and takes me in circles.

As opposed to the random Captcha here that does the same thing then rejects/errors what you were trying to post/preview?

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 9:58 am

Autism forums is by far friendlier and kinder than WP.I have only been there a week but have had no log in or CAPTCHA problems.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 10:03 am

I hate Captcha, whether its on here or anywhere else. Logged in with facebook out of curiosity as I hadn't visited in ages, but can't login or register at present because of it.

my blog:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 10:09 am

^Useless administration on that site - can't login or register. WP is not nearly as buggy as AF.

my blog:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

envirozentinel wrote:

Lol

Harsh criticism indeed. Captcha is standard.

I'm not having any issues with the site at all.

This site is way more buggy and ugly and old and has so few functions.

Sounds like you're just trying to knock it because it's not WP

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 10:31 am

It keeps returning an error message. I can't recall my original username or password, and can't register afresh as it refuses to correct the mistake I made in my email address.

my blog:

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Aug 2020, 10:32 am

WP might be a little buggy at times as the admin is just as poor here, but I wouldn't call it old or ugly.

my blog:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 10:32 am

It's been related here already, but worth Amplifying:

'This' is A Site for Folks, Neuro-Diverse, with Difficulties in Reciprocal Social Communication.

This is Not A Site to Make Fun of Neuro-Diverse Folks With Difficulties in Reciprocal Social Communication.

Most of the Folks Here have been bullied in some way or another for that their entire life.

For Example; and i will a provide a link if necessary; Fnord, claiming his 'Wife was Bi-Polar and
And An Alcoholic, so what's my excuse for communicating the way i do'; i have experienced
this with him, too many times, to count in the last several years; And Surely Will Provide More
Quotes and links for those who need Evidence Based Data to see what is going on for Real.

But on the other hand, i've also experienced other folks assessing my
Discussion of Philosophy Poetically as' Creative Genius'; links
provided on request and quotes for that as well...

You Don't Have to make all the People in this World
Happy by Just being Yourself; but what you
should be able to expect on a Site
That Supports Folks who are
Very Different in Neuro-Diverse
Ways Is Just to let them be, if you do not
have the ability to understand what they are saying;
as Long as they are not Harming anyone; Not Breaking the rules; and Perhaps
Helping someone else, who indeed Will And Does Understand what they are saying.

There is no place here for making fun of how someone communicates
As Trying to Belittle folks this way is indeed Cyberbullying; Granted, in
my Case, it does me no harm; but i do not remain silent for a bullying behavior that
indeed will be very Psychologically Harming to Other Folks who are not nearly as strong inside as i am.

This is not specific to Just one individual; Fnord Asked for Evidence in this Thread, so i am just giving
what he asked for like he did in His Bullying Thread, where i provided the same evidence there; Apparently,
he doesn't understand it is bullying; And that indeed may not be His fault, if he does not have the ability to understand
it; but when he is told over and over it is; there is a time to change and not ever let it happen again; that time is now.

In the 'WordPress World', i came across A Whole Post Yesterday, titled 'Don't Be Autistic'; as 'You' may Imagine,
i provided a Full Dissertation on Why TO BE AUTISTIC, PER ALL THE ADVANTAGES IN PRICELESS INTRINSIC
rewards i have received in my life by being different; and not usually being Part of the 'Group Think of Life'.

People Here, who are just different and express themselves differently, should always be allowed
to do that; scrolling past someone, who someone dismisses for their differences should be easy
enough, at least, for anyone with fingers; on the other hand, perhaps not, for those who do not have fingers.

Never, the less, no one has reported that functional disability to me so far....

And by the way; i am on the Bi-Polar Spectrum too;
Lots of folks here have co-morbids; making fun of Mental
Illness, i have Heard here over and over; like Being Autistic
is Superior to the Other Mental Functional Disabilities in life;
it reminds me, so much, of when 'this minority makes fun of that
minority' bullying them to try to make themselves peg up a step higher in life.
Should it be any surprise that Science Assesses many Artists Bi-Polar this way?

No, of course not;

But NO; You do not
need an excuse to
Discuss Philosophy Poetically;
The Other Half of the World does it
Like 'Rumi' Does it too; at least the part of that World that remains...

i come here expressing myself, expecting to Be Tolerated for my Neurodiversity.

After Years; this is the first time i have been able to do it; without getting kicked
off the Site by someone who doesn't have a clue what i am saying; Do understand

i am Neurodiverse
And Not Unlike Gay
Folks; And Black Folks;
Muslim Folks; Hispanic Folks; And
Every Other Variety of Being Human

i Deserve to Exist.

Some folks talk about Self-Advocation;

I've been doing it all my life; and guess what, i'm still surviving...

And Rather Well; And sure, i have reams of evidence to show how that works out too....

From the time i could not Speak Until 4 Years Old as that story is rather long and true too...

On a Larger Note; There will never be Love in this World; Without an Olympic Effort to Understand Differences;

i've Tolerated Fnord here for many years; as yes, i have the ability to get folks in trouble too; but i was
Already A Hiring And Firing Administrator and that is Not part of my life anymore; in Fact, while i lived
in Literal Hell with 19 Medical Disorders here with no Art in my Soul at all; Alex, Asked me to
be a Moderator and i had no choice but to turn him down; never a Job, i would care to do
and i really cannot imagine a harder place to do that job; and surely wouldn't go to the
trouble to report any Moderator who hasn't been able to understand me to the 'Top
Dog' here; Additionally, i Value Fnord's Contributions no matter how he values me
as a Human being
needing some kind
of 'Excuse' to be me.

Do 'You' understand
What Kind of Bullying
It is when someone
asks 'You'
What is
Your Excuse
to Be You; i can't
imagine a More
disgusting thing for someone to say to someone else;
i try to understand what would drive anyone to do that; and i believe i do...

i have coming here to thanks for that understanding; i don't need applause; but i Do Love Wisdom....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Last edited by aghogday on 01 Aug 2020, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 10:36 am

envirozentinel wrote:
It keeps returning an error message. I can't recall my original username or password, and can't register afresh as it refuses to correct the mistake I made in my email address.

Ah right. That's not good. The only way round that might be to refresh your browser cache and type in the email address again.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2020, 10:40 am

envirozentinel wrote:
WP might be a little buggy at times as the admin is just as poor here, but I wouldn't call it old or ugly.

I'm a web developer. This site is so old. Compared to frameworks like Bootstrap this site look hideous to me and reminds me of stuff I worked on over 10 years ago. You can't even like posts here. I hate the wyswyg editor.