Page 154 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156, 157 ... 162  Next

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 1:33 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Reality.exe has stopped responding.

/Reality: no such file or directory

:wink:

alex
Administrator
Administrator

25 Aug 2020, 1:40 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
alex wrote:

I have been personally attacked (and had ableist comments made at me) in this thread or the other one and have not even addressed it.

Wow! It's a personal attack to call someone an ableist but not to call them a racist WTF

I seriously must have woken up in some crazy dystopian world :jester:

Umm no, the comments i'm referring to comments that are ableist, not people saying "you're ableist." When you say to me: "What the f**k! You are living in cloud cuckoo land mate. Are you alright , are you having a meltdown or something , are you having mental health issues"
I view that as ableist. . .

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Aug 2020, 1:59 pm

I have to agree. It's off limits to make disparaging remarks about anyone's mental state here, suggesting they're having a meltdown, discuss their functionality level or anything else. For aspies to do this kind of thing is worse, as we ought to know better having encountered so much bullying.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 2:03 pm

alex wrote:
Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
alex wrote:

I have been personally attacked (and had ableist comments made at me) in this thread or the other one and have not even addressed it.

Wow! It's a personal attack to call someone an ableist but not to call them a racist WTF

Umm no, the comments i'm referring to comments that are ableist, not people saying "you're ableist." When you say to me: "What the f**k! You are living in cloud cuckoo land mate. Are you alright , are you having a meltdown or something , are you having mental health issues"
I view that as ableist. . .

so these are personal attacks but a high profile member of the autistic community calling one of it's members a racist isn't.

You should remove my post then Alex and all the other ableist bullshit that is said on this forum.

asking questions is now ableism - new definition

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:32 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
alex wrote:

Err. Uhm... what does ableist. Refer too plz.? Really got catchup on my insults, if in fact it is one? Okay looked it up being against handicapped ? Surprise , that applies to a great deal of persons have dealt with . Do not think ableist applys to Alex .......

Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are

Last edited by Jakki on 25 Aug 2020, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 3:36 pm

prejudice or discrimination based on real or percieved disability.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 4:07 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
^^^No worries, Ferris.  I guess it's good for me that any "covert bullying" directed at me flies so low under my radar that I simply don't notice it.  Heck, I don't usually know that I'm being gaslighted until someone else points it out!
I had no idea covert bullying is a thing and my question would be how would we know that is going on?  I had to use the Bing search to get the results because Google doesn't seem to know covert bullying exists.  I could go back in my childhood and say everyone covert bullied me.

I can even say here those who are extremely sensitive and think anyone is attacking them is the covert bully because that is exactly what this article is saying here:

http://bulliesbegone.com/covert-stealthy-bullying/

Quote:
“Professional Victims” who control you with their hyper-sensitive, hurt feelings so you walk on egg shells.
I have only ran into a small number of members here who were like this and I never ever assumed they were a bully.  I only assumed they were too mentally damaged so they were easily triggered so I just simply would not interact with them.  Also if you hold them accountable, they then get suicidal and start to self harm for their hurtful actions they did...
It seems that those who complain about "covert bullying" are likely to be the same people who claim to be able to determine the intentions and motives of a complete stranger by looking for "patterns" in what they say and do.

This is like claiming that someone is a pedo just because he's middle-aged, single, lives alone near a school, and writes children's books; or that a woman is a witch because she's old, single, lives alone in the woods, and talks to her cat.

:roll: Notice the patterns?  I didn't!

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature, nor any ultimate evaluation of
human nature beyond that which we project onto others, individuals should be judged or defined only
by their actions and choices, and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 4:39 pm

Fnord wrote:

This is like claiming that someone is a pedo just because he's middle-aged, single, lives alone near a school, and writes children's books; or that a woman is a witch because she's old, single, lives alone in the woods, and talks to her cat.

Or calling someone a racist.

You have to presume people have good intent until proven otherwise. That's the world I want to live in.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 4:41 pm

Even if covert bullying were to be a thing, it would be very hard to prove to the outside party that it is happening without you coming off as being paranoid.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 4:41 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I have to agree. It's off limits to make disparaging remarks about anyone's mental state here, suggesting they're having a meltdown, discuss their functionality level or anything else. For aspies to do this kind of thing is worse, as we ought to know better having encountered so much bullying.

Seconded Here again;
It doesn't Effect me Personally now as i am totally Confident and Secure in Who i am.

But i've Received Enough of 'this Abliest' Bullying Behavior' here, if i Wasn't Totally
Confident, to Write A Several Page Book On It to "Officially Complain"; Don't Wanna Mention any
Names; As I believe We are On A Better Track Now; But i am Affirming here again that Ableism
is Definitely Unacceptable For a Site Dedicated to Providing Support For People
Who have dealt with Many Functional Challenges in Life; and
have surely had their Share of Bullying This way; It Doesn't
Effect my Confidence in myself now; but i usually react
With a Long Enough List of my Accomplishments
in Life With Evidence to Solidly Refute the
Ridiculous Nature of the Effort that Has
been done in failed attempts to Bully
my Very Poetic Way of Describing Philosophy/Religion/Politics in relation
to my 'Mental State of Being'; no different than it has Been Done in Eastern
Philosophy/Religion/Politics For practically 'Eons' of Human Existence; The Human "Innerverse"
Is Far Away, From Western Civilization's Recipe Restricted for Human 'Mechanical Intelligence';

Obviously, People aren't going to Understand who have not Explored some of the Reality
i have; but on the Other hand; i hold my Tongue the Best i can and will; for i am surely not 'the Ignorant' one
of these Other parts of Human Existence. On the Other hand; Some Folks Bring Terms to Describe it better than
me; Those are the Folks i find Interesting Here; So, i come back to see what the far and few between may have to say.

On the Other Hand; i'm one of those kind of folks who find everything interesting and exclude no views;

There are 'Fuller Sponges' of Human Potential soaking Up More Volume across life this way;

It IS A Certain advantage;

Anyway, Hurray for the
Neurodiverse; if Not for
the Neurodiverse;
'Plato's Cave' And
'the Matrix'
Would Still have
no Escape to 'See' More 'Light';
Not Just in Fictional Books; For Real..:)

And i promise you This With a More Open Minded
And Accepting Environment for People who are Neurodiverse
Here; You Will Find More Curious Folks Like me; Yes, both

Participating and Reading.

If there is any Significant
Amount of Dollars to be made running this Site that Spells Money
too; for anyone Still Concerned about that 'Metal Staple' of life too...

Anyway; it's Hard to Hash it All Out; But That's How Positive Change Eventually Works; Good Job..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 5:01 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.1016]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\fnord>reality
'reality' is not recognized.

C:\Users\fnord>

Since there is no singular, absolute definition of human nature, nor any ultimate evaluation of
human nature beyond that which we project onto others, individuals should be judged or defined only
by their actions and choices, and not by what we only imagine their intentions and motivations to be.

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 5:03 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Even if covert bullying were to be a thing, it would be very hard to prove to the outside party that it is happening without you coming off as being paranoid.

I agree , impossible in some cases ( best to ignore those kind of people ) especially if the bully is good at gaslighting.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 5:13 pm

Oh_no_its_Ferris wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

I agree , impossible in some cases ( best to ignore those kind of people ) especially if the bully is good at gaslighting.

Good grief, are you still here?
You say you are leaving, yet you never do. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 5:21 pm

Members here always say there are leaving but they always come back.

So far Sly hasn't been back since that day but hopefully he is just taking a break from here and will return even if it will be over a month or half a year or maybe a week.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 5:24 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Members here always say there are leaving but they always come back.

So far Sly hasn't been back since that day but hopefully he is just taking a break from here and will return even if it will be over a month or half a year or maybe a week.

Ah, yes,
The Oracular "They always come back". 8)

And one more thing,

Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 6:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.1016]
(c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\fnord>reality
'reality' is not recognized.

C:\Users\fnord>

Alt/ Enter/ESC Then reboot after reconnecting power .

Quote:
whereever you go ,there you are