Page 44 of 162 [ 2587 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 162  Next

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 1:30 pm

aghogday wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Aghogday writes like a cross between Whitman, Joyce, and Ginsberg.
That explains why his writings remind me of a text file printed at the wrong parity setting.

SMiLes Fnord; What You Teach Best
is For Folks to Self-Advocate as Your
Avatar Clearly Explains You Make for
an Excellent Dark Muse; and i find
Your Methods of Communication Quite Satisfying this way;

True, if you Were to Go Away; i would really Miss You This way;

Sincerely, i really Mean that; as Lying is Not Part of my Pie, either;
as i see you Bluntly Speaking Your Truth and that surely doesn't bother me, Personally;

This Much i Realize clearly; Not all folks have what it takes to understand
Parables of Poetry; But even in 'Trump Town USA', Where i Do Live and
75 Percent of the Population Supports Trump and still have no
Clue what the New Testament Attributed to 'Jesus; in the
'Beatitudes' is even Trying to say at least in Action for what
They do in life; No, Not all the Dudes around
Here Understand my Dance Either as
Free Verse Poetry Wings
in Feat of Feet either;
But what i do is Whip
Out Fully all 6 Inches
Even Longer of my Smart
Phone and what they do
understand is the Linked
Visual Poetry Below as the
Oldest Muse that Ever inspires
Art in a 'Dude'; A Beautiful Smile that A Dude
Paints on a Beautiful Woman's Face; No Matter What
Makes that Happen; as the Poetry of Free Verse Fearless Dance Does Most;
Other than that the YouTube Video of me Leg Pressing 1340 Pounds at a
90 Degree Angle Slowly for 100 Seconds, 12 Reps, does the Trick as
well as Just a couple of lightening Fast Strikes of my Feet less
than an inch of anything around me on Floor Displays
in Almost a 360 Degree Radius as practice
makes it Just about
impossible
to strike
any object
i Care to get
that close to
even moving a Hair
on Someone's Forehead
By the Breeze my Feet Create
or Trimming Leaves off the Shrubs
around my Home With the Toes of my Feet too;
Better Yet, not 'touching' even a Leaf of Grass as
i become one with the Whole Lawn this way;
Smiles, Fnord, Yet You
Don't Even
Show
Your
'True Face'
Here or Do You...?

Rhetorical Question of Course;
Don't Change Dude, Love You Just The Way
You Are; or Do And Get the Kinda General Applause i do wherever i go below too..

And as far As Evidence Goes; i have 298 Other Dance Events for What i did for fun

Moving into my 6th Decade too...

That's Just at the Dance
Hall; There are way
Over More than
2,000 in other
Public
Dance
Events
so far
Past
the Words
online that
Dance and
Sing Free too;
i Never leave
Home without
The Evidence
Fnord; SeRiouSLY
i Find Your Existence
Here Fun And Great Muse too!..
But Nah; Not As Great as Muse Below; hAha..;)

And, I disagree with him. I think we should advocate as a community.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 1:38 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I love that we're all individuals here with our own way of expressing our experiences and our goals. On WP at least, let us strive for planetary peace! There will be disagreements from time to time, but let's handle them kindly - in fact if we all thought exactly alike this would be a dull world with all "work" and no "nay". Strength lies in diversity - think of how the body would function if it were all noses, all thumbs or all feet.

Yep, "Jediism" is Cool;
But "Sithism" is
What We
Must
Also
Face
As Shadow
MiX WitH SMiLES too..:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jediism

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 1:42 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:

And, I disagree with him. I think we should advocate as a community.

Hehe; That's Part of the Reason; i Turned
Down Alex for Being a Moderator 'Here';
i am not About to Be Put in
An Impossible
Position of
Herding 'Cats'
Or Dogs as i am
A Cat Person too..;)

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 1:57 pm

Fnord wrote:
Most of the time, when I post a short "Welcome aboard" reply to someone else's intro post, they don't post back.

Maybe new members are expecting a much more enthusiastic welcome...

"Ohmigawd!! You're here!! You're really here!! This is sooo amazing!! I'm really excited you're here and I can't wait to see another post from you!! ... et cetera.

Go on then......off you go, that might work :D

That's really funny actually.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 2:39 pm

Oops; Left 'this out' that
Summarily Describes
Strikes and
Gutterballs
We All Encounter
In Life as i continue to
Abide Free As Ever Now
At Ease Dancing a Tight Rope LoVinG it all;
And i did work this way Ending up Managing
A Military Bowling Center this way Never Even
Learning How to Bowl By Instruction Either;
Some of Us WinG iT;
Others of
Us Now
Read IT;
Still Others
NoW Just Dance
And Sing Free IT;
And i Feel Sure
Donald 'Donnie'
Is Fixing to 'go too';
Other than That Life
is 'A Pretty Good Story';
'Some Parts oF iT at Least';
Meh, i've ALWaYS BowLeD Alone;
EvenTuAlly 'You' Do IT Allone EnJoYinG IT All At Best..:)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 3:06 pm

It's tricky to figure out what to put into a welcoming post. Aspies have so many different ways of expressing themselves and interpret welcomes.

If many people join as newcomers and then fade away, like someone here stated, I wonder why?

I was welcomed and I remember AnonAnon as welcoming me and that meant so much to me. But others may not care.

I was afraid the forum would be overrun with techie 20 somethings who would see me as a dinosaur. Probably some do. :D

Some people might be chased away by an overly emotional welcome. Others may not come back because nobody responded.

That's why I think many people should do the welcome. So what if the exchange goes no where? I didn't know what to say. Getting a response back in the welcome thread is not the point, the point is through some lottery of different types of communication so that something touches the newcomer and makes them comfortable in coming back.

BTW, funeral, you did great at explaining this.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 3:31 pm

I myself received a splendid welcome as a mere NT. Nothing long-winded just a few kind words welcoming me. Anonymous Anonymous and As Part Of Me, Kraftie if I recall, Fnord was kind in his way. All was well until I innocently wandered into News and PPR. I am still grateful to Fnord for being my chaperone in the early days.I wouldn't still be here if not for Fnord.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 5:49 pm

I have joined forums in the past, made a few posts, then never returned. Luckily WP was the only forum I stuck at and I couldn't leave now. I'm too settled here. :lol:

You see, I use WP in a way that may make me come across as self-obsessed to others, but believe me I am NOT self-obsessed in real life or on Facebook. I just use WP like a diary, to vent, to give an opinion, to discuss things, to read and empathize with other people and their experiences, and to express myself to other non-NTs anonymously. I don't really use WP for social chitchat or smalltalk or other things like that what I DO use Facebook and offline social interaction for. So please forgive me if I'm not the "hey, haven't seen you around lately, what ya been up to, how's your daughter doing by the way, in your post you posted 6 months ago you said she was graduating university" sort of poster here. I know people have called me out on my posting style here before, criticising because I don't seem interested in others and all that, and it does upset me.
But whenever I visit WP I always go to my posts first to see what was posted in the last threads I had posted in (after that I go to the subforums to see which new threads have appeared), so I just don't wish my first page of my posts to be clogged up with tons of short one-worded posts. This is where I wish there was a "like" button on WP, so that the people here could feel appreciated without having to type out a one-worded post.

Do you see what I mean?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 6:33 pm

I see what you mean.

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 11:07 pm

Deepthought 7 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Back to the topic of how to make WP a better place - I agree with environ that we also need to make an effort to welcome new people into the forums.

There is a consistent and ever changing members who do welcome new people when they identify as such. That is a very positive thing that WP is doing.

But after that, the person is left on his/her/their own to figure things out. Amity has written a good introduction as to how WP works and if we could figure out a way to get that a bit more official. Can it be made a sticky? And perhaps in the welcoming thread, newcomers could be directed to that sticky.

Following the introduction and welcome, I think new members are left to sink or swim. Getting from newcomer to integrated member is an unclear process.

Perhaps I just need to pay more attention to the "levels" displayed above the avatar and from their pay more attention to the newer folks.

Absolutely agree. A warm welcome makes all the difference to whether new members will feel comfortable enough to stay. I would like Amity's post to be stickied as well, it's brilliant.

Perhaps if someone mentions a thread of particular interest ~ they could leave a link to it or at least the title maybe?

A link to: Hi new members :) Some gentle guidance for navigating WP

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 1:01 am

^Nice one, my thanks to... Admin? :D

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 2:22 am

Teach51 wrote:
I myself received a splendid welcome as a mere NT. Nothing long-winded just a few kind words welcoming me. Anonymous Anonymous and As Part Of Me, Kraftie if I recall, Fnord was kind in his way. All was well until I innocently wandered into News and PPR. I am still grateful to Fnord for being my chaperone in the early days.I wouldn't still be here if not for Fnord.

Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord Fnord! :roll:

Less "Fnord".
More skunk humour I say!
I'm adorable and a newbie magnet. 8) :mrgreen:

Oh_no_its_Ferris
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 2:48 am

Pepe wrote:
More skunk humour I say!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 8:37 am

Teach51 wrote:
... If I recall, Fnord was kind in his way.  All was well until I innocently wandered into News and PPR.  I am still grateful to Fnord for being my chaperone in the early days.  I wouldn't still be here if not for Fnord.
Evidence, please?

:lol: Sorry ... couldn't resist ... I just HAD to say it! :lol:

Seriously, thank you for the kind words; they seem so rare around here these days...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 10:20 am

Deepthought 7 wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
Back to the topic of how to make WP a better place - I agree with environ that we also need to make an effort to welcome new people into the forums.

There is a consistent and ever changing members who do welcome new people when they identify as such. That is a very positive thing that WP is doing.

But after that, the person is left on his/her/their own to figure things out. Amity has written a good introduction as to how WP works and if we could figure out a way to get that a bit more official. Can it be made a sticky? And perhaps in the welcoming thread, newcomers could be directed to that sticky.

Following the introduction and welcome, I think new members are left to sink or swim. Getting from newcomer to integrated member is an unclear process.

Perhaps I just need to pay more attention to the "levels" displayed above the avatar and from their pay more attention to the newer folks.

Absolutely agree. A warm welcome makes all the difference to whether new members will feel comfortable enough to stay. I would like Amity's post to be stickied as well, it's brilliant.

Perhaps if someone mentions a thread of particular interest ~ they could leave a link to it or at least the title maybe?

A link to: Hi new members :) Some gentle guidance for navigating WP

Amity wrote:
^Nice one, my thanks to... Admin? :D

With Admin being firstly by definition:

Website administrators, also known as webmasters, web developers or network and computer system administrators, are responsible for all aspects of keeping website content and design fresh, backed up, and fully functional. They typically work closely with clients to make sure they understand how they want their websites to look and function.

And secondly me being somewhat a technoklutz and for good reason then a bit of a technophobe in practical terms, my facial expression resembled pretty much this: 8O

Let me though congratulate you on becoming a "stuck" author below Alex the founder via the following link:

WrongPlanet Rules. You Must Read This Before Posting

As an authoress your writing is now essential reading on the Wrong Planet website of forums ~ very nicely and very well done indeed. :D

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2020, 10:26 am

^

Yes. And I've noticed that some people are posting interesting posts in response to the new people posting. These are much more spontaneous, humorous and witty than I can do. I am so glad to see it.