Page 15 of 18 [ 278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 1:38 pm

Yay Cornflake,good to have you back

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:32 pm

I didn't think Cornflake was a good mod.

A common flaw of the old mods, like my experience with Cornflake, is they appear to try and appease anyone complaining without finding a rule violation.

I believe Cornflake was attending college, so I mistook his actions as a busy college student.

"Oh he's so busy, he doesn't have time to figure out if a rule was violated".

Another flaw of the old mods, like my experience with Cornflake, is they don't always send you a PM that something was wrong.

They will delete or move your posts based on a complaint (not a rule violation) and not even tell you.

Be the hero of your life.

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 28 Aug 2020, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:49 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I didn't think Cornflake was a good mod...
I thought he was, and (apparently) so did Alex.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 3:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:

With recent topics about how this site is "bleeding members", it's probably good to have an honest discussion and not get defensive like you appear to be doing by speaking for another person.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:01 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
I didn't think Cornflake was a good mod.

A common flaw of the old mods, like my experience with Cornflake, is they appear to try and appease anyone complaining without finding a rule violation.

I believe Cornflake was attending college, so I mistook his actions as a busy college student.

"Oh he's so busy, he doesn't have time to figure out if a rule was violated".

Another flaw of the old mods, like my experience with Cornflake, is they don't always send you a PM that something was wrong.

They will delete or move your posts based on a complaint (not a rule violation) and not even tell you.

So you are a returning member it seems like.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:02 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
With recent topics about how this site is "bleeding members", it's probably good to have an honest discussion and not get defensive like you appear to be doing by speaking for another person.
(1) We are having an honest discussion -- you have your opinions, I have mine, and they do not have to be the same.

(2) I am not getting defensive (nor am I attacking you) -- I am pointing out where your opinions might be in conflict with the opinions of others.

(3) I am not speaking for another person -- I am pointing out that Alex (the owner of this website) makes the decisions about who will and will not become an admin or a mod, and that his opinions and mine may be similar.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:07 pm

League_Girl wrote:
So you are a returning member it seems like.

1) If mods make an enforcement action against you, do they have to inform you what rule was violated?
2) Do mods have to send you a PM if they edit/delete/move your post (even if they don't make an enforcement action against you)?

My experience on this site is that mods can make anonymous changes to your posts.

Can you see how members might get very angry with anonymous mod changes to their content, and no clear explanation as to what they did wrong?

Last edited by TheRobotLives on 28 Aug 2020, 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:15 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
1) If mods make an enforcment action against you, do they have to enform you what rule was violated?
2) Do mods have to send you a PM if they edit/delete/move yor post (even if they don't make an enforcment action against you)?
My expereince on this site is that mods can make anonimous changes to your posts.
Can you see how members might get very angry with anonimous mod changes to their content, and no clear explination as to what they did wrong?
You should really ask a moderator, Cornflake, or Alex these questions.

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:17 pm

Fnord wrote:

I already know the answers.

I answered them earlier.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:19 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
I already know the answers.  I answered them earlier.
Then if you already "know" the answers, why do you ask them again?

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Socratic method.

I'm stimulating critical thinking in other people.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 4:27 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Socratic method.  I'm stimulating critical thinking in other people.
That's what YOU think.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 5:37 pm

Cornflake and TallyMan are often referred to as the Mods of the Classic Period of WP.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 5:47 pm

I miss Tallyman and anyone ever notice that every time mods here retire and admins, they always disappear from the site.

It's like there is some curse here when you are a mod. Now you somehow don't want to be here anymore when you quit being a mod.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2020, 6:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Warnings should be the same for anyone. Like Teach said, they should be rendered in an adult and respectful manner.

Magz is a person of high objectivity. She will see to it that reforms are implemented.

I feel like Teach would be an objective Mod, too.

I feel like Alex will choose people of varying ideologies and from various parts of the world, reflective of the membership here.

I like Teach51 a lot, but shouldn't all the mods be on the spectrum?

Fnord wrote:
Teach51 wrote:
I did, with no hard feelings, withdraw my candidacy several days ago, but I was extremely honoured to have been asked and I wish the new mods every success.
So sucking up to you in hope of future favours in return is pointless, eh?

What a frost.

:(

Well, now you can "suck-up" to Teach with honesty and integrity. 8)

alex
Developer
Developer

28 Aug 2020, 6:06 pm

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Warnings should be the same for anyone. Like Teach said, they should be rendered in an adult and respectful manner.

Magz is a person of high objectivity. She will see to it that reforms are implemented.

I feel like Teach would be an objective Mod, too.

I feel like Alex will choose people of varying ideologies and from various parts of the world, reflective of the membership here.

I like Teach51 a lot, but shouldn't all the mods be on the spectrum?

I think as far as moderators go, we've had NT moderators in the past and I think a lot of members who are autistic feel like they're yet again being attacked by NTs like they have all their life.

I realize that's not a rational response but it is understandable given the trauma a lot of us have from authority figures who were neurotypical.

With that said, I don't think an NT would make a bad mod from a the POV of how they would approach the job. Just something to consider. . .