Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2020, 7:30 pm

Statistical data on the 29 WP Forums includes, total number of topic threads, total number of posts, and replies.

Are there statistics available that indicate the total number of views/reads in each of the 29 WP forums?

Is statistical data (like the total number of views/reads) best presented as approximations? e.g., 500,100 views can be listed as over '500K' views - 1,200,000 views can be listed as over '1.2M views.'

Here on WP, I've discussed how Internet Forum layouts offer statistics important to monitoring important trends (trends which can sometimes be overlooked).

Might statistics indicating the total number of views/reads in a given forum provide additional insights?

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2020, 1:25 pm

Can the total number of views/reads in each of the 29 WP forums be posted in this thread?

Thank-you

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2020, 3:05 pm

If you open up either "View Your Posts" or "View Posts Since Last Visit", it will display two columns. These are Replies and Views. The Replies identifies the number of replies to the thread. And the Views identifies the number of individuals who have looked at the thread.

I do not know if the views are an exact count.
For example if a person looks at the thread multiple times, it that considered one view?
Also Internet spiders are always looking for new content and the count I suspect also includes their queries.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2020, 2:37 pm

On all 29 of the Wrong Planet Forums, each forum provides statistics on 'Total Posts' and 'Total Threads.'

In this discussion thread ' Statistical Data On WP Forums' - can statistics on 'Total Views' be posted?