Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:13 am

I write some really dumb things, realize it, then don’t press the Submit Button.

alex
Administrator
Administrator

27 Aug 2020, 10:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I post the same no matter who I’m “talking” to—and always will.

I respect the authority of the Mods—and always will.

You're generally respectful, even when you disagree on things (like with my views on being politically correct, you expressed your disagreements in a tone that was constructive).

It's appreciated and goes a long way and while I may not acknowledge it, I remember it and take it into consideration.

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:39 am

Thanks, Alex.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 2:49 am

For me there is never any difference on either end.

I dont speak any differently to mods than I do to non mods.

But more important: I dont notice any difference in how others speak to me either. I dont get any more grief from folks than mods do.

So youre right. It IS a dumb idea. Dumb because it obviously wouldnt make any difference because we all would get the same treatment whether folks thought we were mods or not.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 2:53 am

Fnord wrote:
What if everybody wrote their posts as if the people they were posting to were all moderators?

I mean, I've noticed a distinct change of tone between posts directed at me and posts directed at The_Walrus (for example) -- most people treat moderators with a little more respect and consideration that they would any ordinary member.

Just imagine that someone out there is a Covert Moderator, and you have no clue as to who they are...

Put a sock in it. :mrgreen:

And one more thing,

Also, as George Carlin said, "I have no stake in the outcome." I'll stick around for the comedy.

"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet."
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)
Read my lips:-I am not a fan of the orange man.-I would never vote for the Republican party given the chance.-I am interested in being objective and rational.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2020, 5:07 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:
What if everybody wrote their posts as if the people they were posting to were all moderators?

I mean, I've noticed a distinct change of tone between posts directed at me and posts directed at The_Walrus (for example) -- most people treat moderators with a little more respect and consideration that they would any ordinary member.

Just imagine that someone out there is a Covert Moderator, and you have know clue as to who they are...

Do I do it? I need a mirror to tell me.

Ooh. Your thingie says "Moderator" by it.