Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:27 am

What if everybody wrote their posts as if the people they were posting to were all moderators?

I mean, I've noticed a distinct change of tone between posts directed at me and posts directed at The_Walrus (for example) -- most people treat moderators with a little more respect and consideration that they would any ordinary member.

Just imagine that someone out there is a Covert Moderator, and you have no clue as to who they are...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Last edited by Fnord on 26 Aug 2020, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:35 am

That's a good idea. My original post could be taken the wrong way so I removed it.

Last edited by Feyokien on 26 Aug 2020, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:36 am

:lol:

I am sure we still have members here that have mod tools but no longer moderate.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:37 am

I post the same no matter who I’m “talking” to—and always will.

I respect the authority of the Mods—and always will.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 10:56 am

I don’t even know for sure who’s a moderator and who isn’t, that’s how much attention I pay :lol: I know it says “moderator” on their little profile things, I just don’t take note of that unless they’re in “mod mode.” I figure any other time, the moderators are pretty much just like the rest of us.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:00 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I don’t even know for sure who’s a moderator and who isn’t, that’s how much attention I pay :lol: I know it says “moderator” on their little profile things, I just don’t take note of that unless they’re in “mod mode.” I figure any other time, the moderators are pretty much just like the rest of us.

We have just three: Skilpaddle (turtle avatar), the_Walrus (walrus avatar), and envirozentinel (cute little squirrel in military fatigues)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:03 am

... a shellbacked reptile ... a tusked pinnaped ... and a Rambo rodent ...

Yeah, I feel safe ...

:wink:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:06 am

I see Kip still has the mod tag in his profile and still posts here.

I assume he isn't actively moderating. He could still have mod tools.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:10 am

Fnord wrote:
... a shellbacked reptile ... a tusked pinnaped ... and a Rambo rodent ...

Yeah, I feel safe ...

:wink:

At least there aren’t any mysterious cultists who turn humans into immortal eldritch beings... wait a minute... Well, at least they’re not mods :lol:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Aug 2020, 11:53 am

Fnord wrote:
What if everybody wrote their posts as if the people they were posting to were all moderators?

I mean, I've noticed a distinct change of tone between posts directed at me and posts directed at The_Walrus (for example) -- most people treat moderators with a little more respect and consideration that they would any ordinary member.

Just imagine that someone out there is a Covert Moderator, and you have know clue as to who they are...

Do I do it? I need a mirror to tell me.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2020, 11:55 am

magz wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Just imagine that someone out there is a Covert Moderator, and you have know clue as to who they are...
Do I do it?  I need a mirror to tell me.
I don't know ... but it may be worth some serious thought.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 9:57 am

Well, if we get the rumour going that there are secret moderators hidden among the regular users as a complement to the visible ones, that could probably be arranged. Very Soviet.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:02 am

I don't think we need to have "secret" mods. But the idea for posters to think before pressing the submit button is a good piece of advice.

I think mods could be better thought of as people who serve our community to help make it better for everyone.

BTW. Magz is a new moderator. Welcome Magz in your new role. I think everyone thinks you will be a great moderator. Thank you for accepting that position.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:04 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
Well, if we get the rumour going that there are secret moderators hidden among the regular users as a complement to the visible ones, that could probably be arranged. Very Soviet.
There is no valid evidence to support the claim that there are any secret moderators operating on this website.

None whatsoever.

Trust me.

Really.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2020, 10:07 am

And in other news, we've always been at war with Eurasia, and the monthly chocolate ration has been increased from 100 grams to 50 grams.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Aug 2020, 10:11 am

blazingstar wrote:
I don't think we need to have "secret" mods. But the idea for posters to think before pressing the submit button is a good piece of advice.

I think mods could be better thought of as people who serve our community to help make it better for everyone.

BTW. Magz is a new moderator. Welcome Magz in your new role. I think everyone thinks you will be a great moderator. Thank you for accepting that position.

Thanks.
I'm still getting used to it... like I accidentally hit "edit" instead of "quote" :mrgreen:

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>