Are the 'new' members who post in PPR the same people?

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BenReillyUK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2020, 5:17 am

Boy it would be exciting if it was true.
But we are the autistic and statistically no-one gives a damn what we think en masse.

Nor should they. I represent one person only. Myself.
40 years old, aspergers, grumpy.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 5:21 am

Pepe wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
Au contraire; knowledge of sockpuppetry is a prerequisite for engaging in sockpuppetry. Probably.

Something has been bothering me for some time.
Are the socks washed beforehand? :scratch:

No one likes a flavourless sockpuppet...

Last edited by Wolfram87 on 15 Sep 2020, 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 5:54 am

DeathEmperor413 wrote:
And yeah I know I'm always making new accounts too, but at least I come out and tell people it's me when I make a new account.
But that's illegial!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Sep 2020, 10:34 am

We should use that - red spells danger and no one can miss it! :ninja:

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:28 am

BenReillyUK wrote:
Boy it would be exciting if it was true.
But we are the autistic and statistically no-one gives a damn what we think en masse.

Nor should they. I represent one person only. Myself.
40 years old, aspergers, grumpy.

Sockpuppets are there only to confuse us and have us attacking windmills like Don Quixote.

So I think it might be true that WrongPlanet may attract this type. IMHO most of the free thinkers in the world have been non-conformist. Aspies in bygone years accounted for most of these non-conformist. With the advent of modern psychology most of this trait has been removed from the Aspie population. The prescribed modern mind altering drugs have a terrible toll on the Aspie population. We are just hollow shells of what we should have become. So yes, I do believe there may be a conspiracy to eliminate the rest of us. This conspiracy stretches back to man's creation. It is an ongoing battle since the beginning of time.

Look at the holocaust through a different set of eyes. Consider that the Ashkenazi Jews have a high proportion of Aspies than the general population. [David Mamet wrote "Asperger’s syndrome has its highest prevalence among Ashkenazi Jews and their descendants."]. So perhaps the maniac obsession by Hitler to destroying the Jews was rather someone pulling his strings. It was in reality a brute force approach to destroying a massive pool of Aspies.
------------------------------------------
Mamet wrote: The symptoms of this developmental disorder (Asperger's Syndrome) include early precocity, a great ability to maintain masses of information, a lack of ability to mix with groups in age-appropriate ways, ignorance of or indifference to social norms, high intelligence and difficulty with transitions, married to a preternatural ability to concentrate on the minutiae of the task at hand.

These are some quotes on non-conformists:
Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. – Rob Siltanen: Apple, "Think Different" campaign

It gives me great pleasure indeed to see the stubbornness of an incorrigible nonconformist warmly acclaimed. - Albert Einstein

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect. - Mark Twain

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are showing a new road. - Voltaire

Not all those who wander are lost. - J.R.R. Tolkien

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. - Winston Churchill

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

A "normal" person is the sort of person that might be designed by a committee. You know, "Each person puts in a pretty color and it comes out gray." - Alan Sherman

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. - Friedrich Nietzsche

The average man is a conformist, accepting miseries and disasters with the stoicism of a cow standing in the rain. - Colin Wilson

Freedom began on the day the first sheep wandered away from the herd. ― Marty Rubin
-----------------------------

In my humble opinion [IMHO], Aspies if they grow up properly will become non-conformist.

And if you remove Aspies from society, all you are left with are scrawny little apes dangling from trees.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 11:43 am

Why bother getting pissed off at random strangers on the internet? It's just a waste of energy.

If you're attacking someone on another account that just says to me you're weak-minded and can't handle the internet due to some insecurity issues. Maybe learn to voice your opinion in a more positive way so people won't get pissed off at you in the first place then you're less likely to get pissed off yourself when someone offers a differing opinion. That way you know yourself you were being nice about it and it's them who has the issue.

Plus what are you really gonna do on the other account? It's not really a threat it's more of a cringe eye-roll than anything.

Steve1963
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 12:49 pm

Lunella wrote:
Why bother getting pissed off at random strangers on the internet? It's just a waste of energy.

I don't understand why this happens either, but I've seen it with my own eyes here in the three or so months I've been here. Still don't get it.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2020, 12:58 pm

^ Seems to me like people wear their heart on their sleeve a bit too much and are a bit fragile/unstable when someone replies with a negative opinion after they were being open and honest about their opinions.

It is a mental health forum though I guess and people don't really understand how to react when they're being supposedly attacked so it comes out in a really pointless way like making another account to attack them back.

It's more logical to just not reply, dismiss that persons posts forever and that way there's no more drama or stress.

alex
Developer
Developer

15 Sep 2020, 2:27 pm

It's easy maybe even human nature to get carried away and take things personally even though getting criticized by a random person you don't know doesn't actually matter or affect your life in any way. probably because we have evolved as a social species

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 12:35 am

Pepe wrote:
MC Bat Commander wrote:
What is a sock puppet?

It is a fake account.
People often create one or more sock puppets to troll other people in general, or to specifically target someone they don't like.

I've had this done to me, on a number of occasions.
Sometimes they try and bait you so you get banned.
Don't let them. ;)

People will also create a sockpuppet just to make a post to someone because they don't have the balls to say it under their real account.

You can tell it's a sockpuppet because the account was recently created that day and that was their first post they have made.

Best to report, block, and move on.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2020, 2:22 am

League_Girl wrote:
Pepe wrote:
MC Bat Commander wrote:
What is a sock puppet?

It is a fake account.
People often create one or more sock puppets to troll other people in general, or to specifically target someone they don't like.

I've had this done to me, on a number of occasions.
Sometimes they try and bait you so you get banned.
Don't let them. ;)

People will also create a sockpuppet just to make a post to someone because they don't have the balls to say it under their real account.

You can tell it's a sockpuppet because the account was recently created that day and that was their first post they have made.

Best to report, block, and move on.

There are a number of reasons people create a sock puppet.

BTW, People who post spam to build up their post count might be sus.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Sep 2020, 4:29 am

Just use the counting threads if you want to build up your post count! Some of those will continue as long as the tides still ebb and flow on the beaches of time...

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/