Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:16 pm

viewtopic.php?t=400854

My thread has been reported. The only thing I did was to quote a newspaper about whether to ban religious circumcision.

This is apparently not tolerated...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:18 pm

Have mods responded to the report? The fact that someone reported it doesn't mean that action will be taken against it.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the site can't and doesn't promise free speech because we're all bound by ToS we agreed to upon joining.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Have mods responded to the report? The fact that someone reported it doesn't mean that action will be taken against it.

Beyond that, I'm pretty sure the site can't and doesn't promise free speech because we're all bound by ToS we agreed to upon joining.

ToS or not, I don't see how I broke any of the site rules by posting that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:22 pm

thinkinginpictures wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'd say it's fair to expect that to be addressed in any response, but I get why someone reporting doesn't need to be able to make the case that a post is definitely against rules (since that might discourage reporting), the mods get to apply their own discretion in response.

It's not like your thread's been locked or otherwise acted against so I'd treat the issue as pending until you get a reply.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I'd say it's fair to expect that to be addressed in any response, but I get why someone reporting doesn't need to be able to make the case that a post is definitely against rules (since that might discourage reporting), the mods get to apply their own discretion in response.

It's not like your thread's been locked or otherwise acted against so I'd treat the issue as pending until you get a reply.

But given the short time between my post and someone reporting it, seems like WP is filled with people who just love parents right to exercise their wicked opinions and violate the rights of their children.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 1:33 pm

But given the short time between my post and someone reporting it, seems like WP is filled with people who just love parents right to exercise their wicked opinions and violate the rights of their children.

Indeed, but until action is taken WP hasn't done anything, just some poster. The posters we find most disagreeable on here don't represent the community as a whole in any capacity, we're all just randos who can only speak and act for ourselves.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Oct 2021, 4:25 pm

thinkinginpictures, the issue has been addressed and your thread is still up - please read your PMs.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 10:03 pm

There's no free speech anywhere...

Last edited by Cornflake on 17 Oct 2021, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a racially-contentious comment

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 3:12 am

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400854

My thread has been reported. The only thing I did was to quote a newspaper about whether to ban religious circumcision.

I think I pressed the report button by accident but I don't know if it was on your thread or not. Its easily done when you're one handed on your phone and your half watching TV.

Please accept my apology in case it was me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:05 am

https://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=400854

Are you joking?

You ordered Jews to leave your country. So you gave the appearance of being antisemitic.

So of course you're going to get reported. I considered reporting you myself. The only reason I didnt was that I figured that you werent being hateful, and that you were just being inept. And stupidity and ineptitude are not against the rules. Even though hate speech is well known to be against the rules on this site.

Unless those statements werent from you, but were quoted. But you didnt put quotations around them- nor format it in any way that showed that the demands for Jews to leave your country were not from you.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 4:34 am

Well I thought it was a bit near but I realised he didn't mean to sound anti-semitic. I'm sure it was me who pressed the report button because something happened that I thought was odd and then I went back to look at the thread and the topic title had been altered.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 5:40 am

Thinkinginpictures.

Can I help suggest a few little things when you write threads so that we can get healthy debates going that we can all enjoy? I am not saying it will always work but we can try and maybe we can get things to work well?

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

17 Oct 2021, 6:19 am

Just to clarify - it wasn't babybird who made the report.

naturalplastic wrote:
I figured that you werent being hateful, and that you were just being inept.
And usually, that's all it is - as in this case.
We get very few posts actually intended to be antisemitic, usually from short-lived trolls and troublemakers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 6:33 am

Other religions have ritual circumcision, too.

I feel like Thinkinginpictures doesn’t like circumcision, rather than hating Jews, per se.

It’s not good to want to throw somebody out of your country, though.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 7:30 am

Quote:
Last edited by Cornflake on 17 Oct 2021, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a racially-contentious comment

Yep that just proved it.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2021, 7:47 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Unless those statements werent from you, but were quoted. But you didnt put quotations around them- nor format it in any way that showed that the demands for Jews to leave your country were not from you.

Those exact words were indeed from me. I was merely pointing out, that if some people don't like the democratically chosen laws in our country, they should leave, instead of making threats. I can't see a problem with that.

I'm also tired of being called a racist/antisemite because I am against religious circumcision and want it banned until the child can choose for itself - like the opinion of 80 % of the Danish population.