MODERATOR ATTENTION: How to get help when you need it

Page 13 of 55 [ 868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 55  Next

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 7:12 am

Cornflake wrote:
No, but I've moved it to Computers, Math, Science, and Technology which will make it visible there and in Random Discussion as a "Moved" link.

Ok. Thanks.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 11:41 pm

Do you think that it's appropriate for this member to be asking this question in the Kid's Crater?

viewtopic.php?t=408900

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Sep 2022, 1:24 am

I think yes - she's asking for feedback from young people about something that concerns young people (school).
I don't expect any response, though. Kids' crater is very inactive.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:34 am

Hi. Could you please fix this thread?

viewtopic.php?t=409101

Seems someone stuffed up when moving it from Random Discussion to Getting to know each other. It's Nicholas pagano's thread, but for some reason my response to his OP has become the first post in the thread and his second. Have the time stamps been manually changed? My post cannot be earlier than Nicholas pagano's because I responded to his post.

Also, in Random Discussion I don't seem to be able to find the thread title with an arrow icon indicating that the thread has been moved to another sub-forum. I hope this new member doesn't think his thread has been deleted and get put off.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2022, 2:44 am

I think I've fixed it.
It looks like the OP made a duplicate post and the wrong one has been removed.
I'm glad you noticed it.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 2:55 am

Thanks. A duplication explains the time stamp. If possible, please restore the thread title with an arrow icon in Random Discussion so that he can easily find his thread where he created it.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2022, 3:18 am

Already done :)

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2022, 3:23 am

Thanks!

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Oct 2022, 7:21 am

Oops, mea culpa. :oops: Apologies.
Yep, I moved the wrong duplicate resulting in the out-of-sequence post times.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 4:22 pm

What do you think of this comment in this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=409033&p=9157297#p9157297

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 9:29 pm

Where are the moderators?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 10:40 pm

Request to merge this thread with this thread.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 5:13 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Where are the moderators?
Sleeping during European night.

I believe this post is a miscommunication - one of its sentences sounds really bad outside of its context but the context suggests complaining on prevalence of the topic not the persons - and I'm working with its author on editing it in a way preventing further misunderstandings.

EDIT: Yes, it was a miscommunication. Now clarified.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Oct 2022, 5:23 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Request to merge this thread with this thread.

Done.

calliaz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2022, 12:09 am

Hello, I am posting here to get moderator approval to post a request for research participants to the School and College Life forum (and maybe the parents forum?). I searched and saw that previous posters were recommended to ask for approval. I have been a member of this forum since 2013 even though I have never posted. My daughter is autistic, and I am (at a minimum) ND. I am a faculty member at Arizona State who is doing doctoral research through Northern Arizona University. My research is a strengths-based look at how autistic first-year college students form support networks. I am looking for research participants who are autistic first-year college students in the US, 18+. I believe that research within the autism community should be both for the community and by the community. The research questions were developed with the help of autistic collaborators and participants will be asked to collaborate and review findings as they are developed. I am always happy to return and share my finding here as well. After finishing my dissertation, I hope to publish and continue my research and apply my findings in my work at ASU. I can't post links yet, so below is the alt text from my flyer:

Are you 18+, autistic, and currently enrolled as a first-year student at a college or university in the United States? If so, consider participating in a research study to understand how autistic college students create and experience academic and social support networks during their first year. Participants in this study will first complete a screening to determine eligibility. You will participate in a 60–90-minute Zoom interview if eligible. Participation is voluntary and confidential.

To participate, please contact me at [email protected] or text me at 480-389-4536. I will send a link to the screening questionnaire.

The Northern Arizona University IRB has approved this research study #1934872.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Oct 2022, 6:09 am

Hmm - it appears you've already posted a request for research participants without approval, doesn't it? :?

However this isn't the correct forum in which to make such participant requests.

I suggest you make a post to the General Autism Discussion forum but instead of asking members to email you and request a link to the screening questionnaire, you should include it in your post. If you've not made sufficient posts between now and then to include a link, post it as best you can and I'll edit it.

I wonder also if a 60-90 minute Zoom interview is expecting a bit much - I certainly wouldn't be happy sitting down for a face-to-face interview of that length, and with a complete stranger. Is the interview recorded? If so, what happens to the recording WRT the participant's privacy?
You're assuming that this software is already installed or the participant would be happy to install it, but neither is necessarily true. For this and other reasons a text-based questionnaire is preferable.

So please make a descriptive post to the General Autism Discussion forum and PM me when you've done that.
We'll see how it's received and progresses.