Getting sick of the bigots and trolls on WP

Page 10 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2015, 8:49 pm

Wow, that post woke up an ancient thread.

who are you, Empathy? or were?

Merle

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 10:08 am

I'm getting sick of old threads being bumped.

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2015, 7:40 pm

I think there's always going to be a storm cloud brewing over this for people who want to highlight or dispel brainwaves of negative thinking.. unfortunately this isn't always possible due to life circumstances or other reasons they find themselves belittled or tied into.

There are plenty of things on various forum sites that people may find distressing or hard to speak about when they find the matter may concern them. So, is it really abnormal to be against new ideas to banish the old rules and bring in better ways to integrate online? Yes? No? and not just abolish users who've not been here long because they don't fit into some ethos that allows them full scope to be here.
Seeing as the webmaster has been away for some length of time due to prior obligations of the new sister site and using other ad campaigns to make this site a ‘safe place to be’. Start by scrapping all the cloud fare.
It’s only making editing more and more strenuous and unnecessary.

The only malpractice I see so far to date, is allowing members on in recent years (judging by old posts which are never deleted) to carry on their stream of abuse on other members and, other mods saying to people where they’ve been wrong to post or whatever. People come here don't wish to be bullied or trolled online, but somehow it happens.

It seems blatant that a change has got to take hold. (one I'm yet to hear about), but look forward to.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2015, 4:53 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm getting sick of old threads being bumped.

Old threads get bumped mostly to see who responds. Wrangling with management does nothing to keep old threads getting bumped. I learned the hard way to let sleeping dogs lie around here (no pun intended, I am sure.)