College not accepting people classified disabled

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 3:37 pm

Iphone31966 wrote:
English is my language.  I want to take the English Mensa test.  They don't allow to take it again.  Mensa can't prove I took the English test.  I request my documented result from their records.  They can't find it.  Mensa can't show a record I took the English test.  The rule is not to repeat the same exact English test.  They have had the same exact English test since forever.  I would be be allowed to take a new revised English test.  Mensa keeps using the same exact English test [...]
Then take your problem up with Mensa, not us.  We can do nothing for you here.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 3:38 pm

Iphone31966 wrote:
Did someone say I insult people.  I speak blunt.  It's not my problem how people mis-interpret me.
Now you are blaming your victims.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2021, 3:42 pm

I recently saw a M*A*S*H episode about getting better results with honey and/or molasses.

They did it LITERALLY with the real stuff.

Colonel Sherman Potter had the idea to put the stuff all over reports an investigator was writing while investigating that Pierce claimed a goat ate the money. The same goat would eat the report thus cancelling out the case.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 6:53 pm

Iphone31966 wrote:
I recently saw a M*A*S*H episode about getting better results with honey and/or molasses.  They did it LITERALLY with the real stuff.  Colonel Sherman Potter had the idea to put the stuff all over reports an investigator was writing while investigating that Pierce claimed a goat ate the money.  The same goat would eat the report thus cancelling out the case.
How does a 40-year old television program relate to the topic of this thread?

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2021, 11:54 pm

I don't know how a thread disintegrates into lint. Or a rope around my neck.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2021, 11:55 pm

Maybe the people who wrote MASH has more sense.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2021, 11:59 pm

fnord wrote

Quote:
We can do nothing for you here.

What do you actually do the rest of the time when you are not saying stuff like that?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:15 am

Being in Mensa won’t get you into college.

Most people in college are not even close to qualifying for Mensa.

Many people who qualify for Mensa are less successful, over all, than people who don’t qualify for Mensa.

Obviously, many people who qualify for Mensa are successful….but having a high IQ does not guarantee success by any means.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 8:16 am

Iphone31966 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
... We can do nothing for you here.
What do you actually do the rest of the time when you are not saying stuff like that?
Amateur Radio, Astronomy, Baking/Cooking, and Electrical Engineering, to name a few.  You?

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Many people who qualify for Mensa are less successful, over all, than people who don’t qualify for Mensa.

Obviously, many people who qualify for Mensa are successful….but having a high IQ does not guarantee success by any means.

Very true, KraftieKorte. I have had students who were at or below average intelligence, yet still were still in college. One example was the “genius” who snorted corn starch when he was drunk one night. He thought it was going to get him high because it was a white powder like cocaine or meth. No, what it did do is become a 3 month obstruction in his sinus cavity. He survived the incident, graduated and went back to his family’s farm. Mensa member he was not.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2021, 3:30 pm

Mensa is run by white women. Everything is run by white women.

I don't have a social worker. The system doesn't work. See above.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 4:41 pm

Iphone31966 wrote:
[...] Everything is run by white women. [...]
Wrong.  The majority of the world's CEOs are white men.

The big picture is that almost 90% of the Fortune 500 CEOs are still white males.  As can be seen in Figure 1, the slow increase in “new CEOs” (e.g., Female CEOs), from a total of 19 in 2000 to 71 in 2020, has been accompanied by a corresponding steady decrease in the number of white male CEOs.  Still, the white men, who make up about 35% of the population, continue to be very much over-represented, and the gap between them and the new CEOs is still immense.  White men may have lost power, but they continue to be the dominant group in the corporate elite -- they held 96.4% of the Fortune 500 CEO positions in 2000, and still hold 85.8% in 2020.  Moreover, since most of the seats lost by white men were lost to white women, and white women make up only 6.8% of those who are now CEOs, whites still make up 92.6% of the Fortune 500 CEOs.  Only 1% of the Fortune 500 CEOs are African Americans, 2.4% are East Asians or South Asians, and 3.4% are Latinx.

Source 

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 1:18 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Apparently there is a happy middle ground to success. It has actually been discovered that your typical millionaire doesn't have anything of particular note with their education.

Being overall smart and not tying yourself into a high flying but very specific career seems to allow people really explore a lot of avenues for success that well educated folk with great jobs don't have the time to ability to explore.

crstlgls
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2021, 7:04 am

I am classified as disabled and started at the community college. These accept everyone. If you get good grades here, you are more likely to get accepted to a university. Also, every institution has a student disabilities office, though each calls it a different name. You should seek out this office as soon as you get accepted to an institution to find out what you need to get accommodations for your Asperger's and other problems. At least in the U.S., we have the Americans with Disabilities Act that lets you receive accommodations in college.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 8:16 pm

Iphone31966 has not visited or posted on WP in the last 7 days (since 2021-07-31).

It may be safe to assume that he has abandoned this thread and this website.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Aug 2021, 12:50 am

Student disabilities services doesn't help me. I asked for help. They don't help me.

fnord wrote

Quote:
Now you are blaming your victims.

Just 6 words and the requires a lot of analysis.

This is an example of psychological manipulation. Right there accusing me of being a bully and accusing me that there are victims of me bullying. On the contrary fnord is doing exactly that.