Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2021, 11:55 am

I did indeed move, and was thinking of just living on SSI here forever...

BUT I NEVER GIVE UP!! !! !

I didn't take the environmental education grad program I got into, but I still have dreams of actually getting into science still...

Well I saw a grad opportunity, in the Ornithology field... That perked my attention when the announcement began with "We are looking for motivated students interested in behavioral, evolutionary, and ecological genomics"

Taxonomy and genetics are very interesting to me, like my sub special interest inside bird. It said it was tuition wavered and stipended, gonna be mostly genetic lab and computer work for the professor, with a little field work ...

But the bird they're studying is the most genetically interesting bird there is... And not only are their a common winter visited here, but I had to check their nests when I worked in northern Wisconsin!

It's the White-throated Sparrow! The bird with four genders! There are bright males, bright females, dull males, dull females! The bright birds always choose a dull member of the opposite sex as their mate.

Bright birds, either male or female, Defend the territory, sing, etc, have lots of testosterone. Dull members of either sex are mostly the caregivers and nest sitters...

It was discovered that the difference between bright and dull is that part of one of their chromosomes have a section that is sometimes attached upside down!

Basically the Genetics is complicated, but the bird functions as if it had four genders...

I mean the professor is already interested in my application, who knows....

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Naturalist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Nov 2021, 11:39 pm

This sounds so exciting!! ! I hope you get it. My former supervisor is an evolutionary biologist with a focus on ornithology, who studied at Cornell. His major professor was responsible for preventing the extinction of the peregrine falcon.

I am at grad school now, and really miss working in the lab. I am studying literature, but every day I miss the natural history collections I used to manage. Send me a message if you need contacts in that field. I highly recommend the Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections; they are really serious sbout helping young professionals interested in taxonomy and research.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2021, 2:09 pm

I haven’t seen you, Naturalist, in years.

How have you been?

Pauuulrich
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2022, 11:41 am

Aspirin is very hard, I now got to do analysis for my thesis and I don't understand how I can discover anything if I didn't get to do more than the faculty requires.

Pauuulrich
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2022, 7:44 am

Pauuulrich wrote:
Aspirin is very hard, I now got to do analysis for my thesis and I don't understand how I can discover anything if I didn't get to do more than the faculty requires.

That's why I often use some services. For example, a law essay writing service can find it here https://edubirdie.com/law-essay-writing-service. It's not the first time I have turned to them to write a law essay. It saves me a lot of time to deal with the more important stuff. Plus, it's much more cost-effective than spending the same time writing the essay.