Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

LoopyBanana
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Dec 2021, 4:32 am

I'm bullied all the bloody time at school and the teachers do f all about it. My dad doesn't care to help anymore. Was anyone else bullied or are you bullied still? How do you cope with it? Is there anything I can do to make things easier?

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2021, 6:39 pm

Get someone on your side.

Try to make a friend, explain the situation to them.

Talk to the friend's family, if possible.

https://lifestyle.howstuffworks.com/fam ... llying.htm

https://www.stopbullying.gov/prevention ... t-bullying

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Dec 2021, 10:48 pm

Better yet, find a *group* of friends

LoopyBanana
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 Dec 2021, 11:33 am

I've tried to make friends before but everyone avoids me like I'm carrying the bloody plague! It sucks. I say hi or whatever but they just blank me like I'm not even there.

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2021, 1:43 pm

You might try getting the advice of a social worker or therapist.

You might also try seeking out experienced people on here.

Sorry I'm not that experienced on this topic, but there are plenty of people who are on here.

Good luck.

misha00
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Dec 2021, 2:01 pm

You could also try talking to your classmates' parents about this...

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 4:20 pm

LoopyBanana wrote:
I'm bullied all the bloody time at school and the teachers do f all about it. My dad doesn't care to help anymore. Was anyone else bullied or are you bullied still? How do you cope with it? Is there anything I can do to make things easier?

Aw that's not nice for you. How was your day today?

I was bullied a it when I was at school but it was a very long time ago and it was just a case of me standing up to them that stopped it from going any further. I know that not everyone is able to do this and I also understand that the world is a very different place now than it was back then.

Are there any adults who you can trust to confide in who might be able to help you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 5:01 pm

I bet you at least 90% of the people here have been bullied to at least a moderate extent.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2021, 12:12 pm

LoopyBanana wrote:
I'm bullied all the bloody time at school and the teachers do f all about it.

What specific forms does the bullying take? Physical violence? Stealing your lunch? Just a lot of nasty teasing?

Does the school have a psychologist or other counselor?

**IF** you can do so without breaking school rules (and without endangering your phone), try to record what happens, so you'll have evidence of your complaints and be able to take the evidence to the principal (or whatever you call the person in charge at your school, above the teachers).

What country do you live in? If you live in a large country, what state/province/region? Laws pertaining to bullying vary from one place to another, so, if you tell us approximately where you live (DON'T be specific enough to endanger your family's privacy), someone here might be able to point you to some locale-specific resources.

If you have not done so already, you might also try to use Google to find location-specific bullying-related resources yourself.

Also, what level/year (e.g. "grade" as we call it here in the U.S.A.) of school are you in?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 2:05 pm

LoopyBanana wrote:

I was bullied by my brother as a child, who was basically a sociopath, and I was Autistic and puny and got beatings regularly. I then got bullied in high school as well as by my brother at home as a teenager. After a health 'accident' in 2005, I then got bullied in 6th form, and then joined an Autism group in 2011 & got bullied there.

I got beat up in high school & my thoughts were "don't fight back, it'll be over more quickly if you don't." I did not raise a fist.

I used to get stones thrown at me by gangs of youths across the road from me outside of school. They would lob them at me and laugh in a menacing way.

The only thing that got me through high school and not beaten every day was the psychological power of suggestion. I would present as someone who might 'pop off' at any moment, but in reality I had zero physical strength.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 2:13 pm

I have girl arms. Most girls have bigger biceps than me.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2021, 2:25 pm

LoopyBanana wrote:
I've tried to make friends before but everyone avoids me like I'm carrying the bloody plague! It sucks. I say hi or whatever but they just blank me like I'm not even there.

Be more assertive.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

DoniiMann
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2021, 3:20 pm

IMHO

I was bullied for a few years when I was in school, back in the early 80s. Bullying was both verbal and physical. I've since learned to better define my terms.

Teasing: Done by peers/ people who like you, for fun, with no serious intention to cause harm.

Bullying: The verbal aspects done by people who don't like you and who want to cause harm.

Assault: When it gets physical.

I'd suggest keeping a log of everything. Dates, places, names, description of events. Make copies. If the situation gets worse, dangerous or beyond your control, give one copy to the school principle. Advise them that if nothing is done about it, other copies might go to the district education board, media, and police.

The main thing is that you don't become one of those people we hear about who got bullied so much that they suicided. ALL the bad stuff is on THEM. How pathetic must THEY be to seek pleasure in bullying others.

Though it seems to last forever, I can attest that these things pass. For me, the bullying was 40 years ago.

Lessons I learned that might help you and I wish I'd learned earlier:
Don't demure. Don't be an insecure people pleaser. Be assertive (know what you want and pursue it) without being aggressive. Don't Drift. Have long term goals and strategies and tactics to get there.

They tell me that the best revenge is success. I wouldn't know from experience, but it seems correct.

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2022, 4:03 pm

I'm so sorry you are dealing with bullying. It can be soul crushing. I was bullied horribly through most of primary school (Ages 6-11) and then was made fun of in a more subtle way that I only realise in retrospect from 11-15.

If the other pupils seem to treat you like a pariah I would try to avoid them at all costs. If you can get access to therapy/counselling get it. Try to branch out more outside of school in activities like sport, reading or any other community social thing. Volunteering at something like a garden might be good. There are online communities for certain interests as well.

Hopefully, when you move to your next stage of education it will get better but hang in there. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2022, 5:41 pm

My NT sister and I were both bullied a lot during our grade school & middle school years.

It became less when we both began our HS years (we both attended an alternative school),
but it continued.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2022, 6:08 pm

I was bullied at the British public school I went to. I lacked the resilience to get past it. Hence my life has been one of abject failure.